PDA

View Full Version : Hammerhead sat 4 March Newark

Capn Duff
02-28-2017, 17:52
Another show this coming weekend.
Sails of Glory will be in attendance so if you in the vacinity please pop along and say hello to myself, Ensign Patch and Bligh

Address is The Showground, Lincoln Road, Winthorpe, Newark, Notts, NG24 2NY

Capn Duff
03-05-2017, 02:33
So Hammerhead over and what a turn up for the books.
Doors opened at 1000 then we did not stop until 1300, a ten minute break and it was then 1500 a last game and it was 1615.
A highly successful day for sails we had 12 people stop and play, one Canadian came back for another go and I did have a few enquiries about starter sets. Unfortunately noone selling either Wings or Sails at the show which was a tad dissapointing.
But for once we had the interest in playing and all enjoyed the experience.
Down side is I was so involved with running the games I didnt get any pics, sorry, but I know Bligh took a few so he may well post them shortly.

Bligh
03-05-2017, 02:41
Just preparing them as we speak Chris.
May I take this opportunity to thank all the shipmates who attended and made this such a great show.
Bligh.

Capn Duff
03-07-2017, 17:03
I have received the following mail from Sally, the organiser of Hammerhead

Hi Chris

A very big thanks to you and your team for presenting ‘Sails of Glory’ at Hammerhead 2017. The range and quality of the games this year was fantastic!

The amount of time, effort and thought that had obviously gone into presenting the games this year was clear to all in attendance. Although three games received awards every game deserved praise and recognition. The standard was so high, both in terms of visual appeal and playability that the Forest Outlaws judges had a very difficult task on their hands in choosing just three games out of the 68 present! The participation games are the most important feature of Hammerhead, and it was wonderful to see so many gamers having the opportunity to experience such a great variety of different games.

Many thanks again for supporting Hammerhead 2017. We have received lots of very positive feedback from visitors, traders and those presenting the games. We will be publishing a show report shortly.

The date for Hammerhead 2018 is Saturday 3th March at Newark Showground.

Bligh
03-08-2017, 02:35
A mention in Dispatches then Chris.
Once again I would like to thank all of you chaps that made the day run like clockwork.
If anyone has yet to receive either a Minor Con Medal or a Minor con GM medal for action on the Sails table please tip me off so that I can authorize it.
Rob.