PDA

View Full Version : Fun general scenarios

Tiberius
12-20-2016, 12:31
Over the holidays I will be getting together with some of my relatives, and some of them are excited to play Sails of Glory, which just might become a tradition. Last year I simply let them each control a ship, and helped them blow each other to smithereens. This year I would like to have some sort of scenario or mission to help guide the game.

Anyone have a fun not too complex scenarios they like to play with people who are a little familiar with the game, but looking for some variety?

What I have to work with is:
2 sloops, 5 100 gun plus ships, the 2 Ships of the line from the starter, 6 frigates, plus Constitution and Victory. I also have some coastal defenses, and I have a small harbor with a fort, and a peninsula with a large fort.

Union Jack
12-21-2016, 03:30
Chris (Cap'n Duff) runs a very good frigate race round islands at Doncaster and at other shows. Basically a race with ships that can shoot at each other.

Tiberius
12-22-2016, 12:09
That sounds awesome! A mariokart with 19th century ships. I like it.

Bligh
12-22-2016, 13:41
It is so popular that it returns frequently.
Rob.

Union Jack
12-28-2016, 16:35
Unless your Chris, who's just been shot down (WoG Sheffield),takes over a frigate and runs it aground (SoG Sheffield)!

It is so popular that it returns frequently.
Rob.

Bligh
12-29-2016, 03:29
Ah yes! I remember it well.
I think he did that deliberately because (a) it was not built in Bristol, and (b) it was not up gunned with Carronades.
Rob.:wink: