PDA

View Full Version : New from a Land Down Under

twsl
12-11-2016, 00:59
Ahoy,
As a long Time Napoleonic Naval player, having in the past played Action Under Sail, Signal for Close Action and a modified Wooden Ships and Iron Men all in 2400th scale,
I have recently acquired Sails of Glory.

So far I have managed to track down and now have the following ships.

Courageuse
Genereux
HMS Terpsichore
HMS Defence
HMS Concorde
Hermione
HMS Impetueux
Commerce de Bordeaux
Embuscade
HMS Cleopatra
Le Berwick
HMS Bellona
HMS Swan
Alligator
HMS Queen Charlotte

As you might see I still need to track down a few I want for the collection but local sources seem to have all dried up.
Still have a couple of avenues to try still.

Anyhoo, enough to hopefully get some games in soon.

Bligh
12-11-2016, 02:38
There is always our own Anchorage Store Alan, if you need any specific ships you may find them here.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/miniatures/sails-of-glory.html

Rob.

Union Jack
12-11-2016, 15:39
Ahoy Alan, and what a fair fleet you have. As Rob has said, try the Anchorage store for some of the gaps and you could always double up on others.

And pardon my manners, welcome to the Anchorage.

Naharaht
12-11-2016, 15:50
Welcome to the Anchorage, Alan. You have a good fleet there.

Berthier
12-12-2016, 02:49
Welcome Alan :drinks:, enjoy the Anchorage there are a lot of fine fellows and a fine lady or two here and a huge knowledge base to which you can hopefully add!

Comte de Brueys
12-12-2016, 03:25
Bonjour, Alan.

Welcome on board. :salute:

Capn Duff
12-12-2016, 04:00
Welcome to you, from Bristol over in the UK

Nightmoss
12-12-2016, 08:48
Greetings Alan. Welcome aboard the Anchorage. :salute:

CMDCM Weisen
12-12-2016, 20:20
Welcome aboard shipmate....

twsl
12-13-2016, 06:08
Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

I have 3 more ships coming this week, a second Le Berwick (for a Le Swiftsure), HMS Royal Sovereign and HMS Royal George.
Hope to have another 4 ships arrive before xmas. That should be a total of 22 ships in around a month.

Just looking for a big French ship or 2 and in the new year will start the hunt for a Spanish Fleet.

I think I'm hooked.

Bligh
12-13-2016, 12:28
You have made great progress so far Alan, and I am sure that if you drop enough heavy hints to Santa, one or two big French ships will drop into his sack for you. They will go hand in hand with the big friend ships which you are already forming here on the Anchorage. Not a bad start for only four entries thus far, but your sheer enthusiasm shines through. it is an encouragement to we jaded matelots of several years before the mast.
Rob.

twsl
12-15-2016, 06:19
Managed to pick up the French ship Orient today.
The store I picked it up from also had 5 other ships suddenly turn up, so what the hell, I bought those too.
Some were duplicates of what I have but it's all about options,..........right?
My two parcels are still to be delivered yet but I reckon after they do, what I have so far will be it for a while. At least for this year:)
Count so far is 28 ships.

Bligh
12-15-2016, 07:24
That is a good haul of ships for training with Alan.
On Solo missions I never sail more than six or so a side, and even at shows the most we usually sail is about twelve, That gives six Captains on each side.
My advice is to start with single ship actions, of each sort of ship gradually adding rules until you are comfortable with the handling and performance of each type. Then try sailing a pair in convoy.
When you are happy with this you are ready to mix it with the best.
Rob.