PDA

View Full Version : Beach head 2017 18 Feb 2017

Capn Duff
11-26-2016, 02:15
We will be putting on a public participation game for Sails at Beach head in Bournemouth next year.
It will be held at the Bournemouth International Centre on Saturday 18th February 2017.
If anyone can make it pop along and say hello and have a game.

Bligh
11-26-2016, 02:22
Not sure what our itinerary for next year is yet Chris, but if we should happen to be visiting Mrs. Bligh's brother that weekend, will certainly look in at the least.
Rob.

Capn Duff
02-16-2017, 17:24
Just to bump this one for this weekend

Bligh
02-17-2017, 01:59
Sorry I won't be able to make it this year Chris, as the sorting out of my Great Aunt's problems has taken precedence over a trip to Mrs B's brother this year.
Rob.

David Manley
02-17-2017, 04:27
I will be there. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. Already planning to bring down airships and maybe a feew other bits and pieces for the WGF display

Naharaht
02-18-2017, 00:00
Best wishes for a successful event today. :thumbsup:

Capn Duff
02-19-2017, 08:36
Had a good day yesterday at Beachead, lovely show with a number of traders and games on show. Nice venue and ok facilities, well worth a look if you in the area next year.
Congrats to the Wings chaps who came away with Best Participation game, in yet another show , which, although I mainly do sails now, does please me to see how established we seem to have become. Plus it helps that Tim ( Flying Helmut) has more kit it seems than the Luftskreig and the RFC :) particularly apt as the trophy was dedicated to a member of the drome who passed away last year.

As for the show itself Sails once again suffered from the lack of grab, we didnt get a game with punters all morning but this did change after lunch where we did have a few games and managed to tempt at least once person to join the Sails players, well he bought the only starter set available. Hopefully he will join us here soon.
I did get to show a few other punters the game and explain the mechanics etc and got quite a few compliments on my rigged ships, which is always nice, but once again it was difficult to get people to have a go, those that did enjoyed and nearly all were surprised how easy the system was to pick up.
Oh well we will keep on trying, thanks to Simon (Ensign Patch) and Dave Manley who assisted all day cheers chaps
Took a few pics which I will try to post here this coming week

Nightmoss
02-19-2017, 09:33
Glad to hear it was a good show. Sorry for the SoG lack of grab? Do most folks assume that all sailing games are going to be inherently difficult?

Looking forward to seeing photos when you get them posted.

Bligh
02-19-2017, 12:21
I think not only difficult, but that they will take an inordinate length of time.
i have often wondered if we should put up a board with game times limited to 25 minutes.
See who can do the most damage in the time rather than to the bitter end.

Exceptionally well done to the team once again for pulling off the Trophy once again.

Please remember that I expect whoever is holding these to get them to me in time for Doncaster. They will be returned to the teams after the event.

Rob.

David Manley
02-19-2017, 13:00
I think we actually got three games in during the afternoon, if not four so it wasn't all bad. And we did get my friend Nigel to part with his hard warned cash to bu that starter set :)

Bligh
02-19-2017, 13:11
Well that is good news Dave.
Rob.

Hjl
02-19-2017, 15:00
Pictures!

Naharaht
02-20-2017, 00:41
Thank you to all, who took part, for their efforts and I was glad to hear that you did have some successes. :salute: