PDA

View Full Version : Broach the Admiral

Khelrauko
11-16-2016, 15:59
Ahoy there ship mates,

Thought I'd better just peek my head above deck to say hello. (I presume the veterans just roll with the nautical puns, right?) My handle is Khelrauko.

I'm generally first and foremost a gamer, but as a scientist I tend to have an eye on the accuracy with my games. Game mechanics are also an area of interest and I like to try variations of rules to find leaner ways to play. Been interested in getting into an age of sail game for... ages. Finally, Sails of Glory convinced me.

Only played a couple of games - first one was a catalogue of mistakes (which for an experienced gamer was surprising) but the second was much more successful. I'll lurk for the time being, but will be keen to contribute once I've got my sea legs.

Fair winds,

Khelrauko.

Khelrauko
11-16-2016, 16:05
First mistake: Should have posted this in the Main forum! Appears it's in the UK only sub-forum...

Hjl
11-16-2016, 17:21
Welcome abroad! I'm glad you had fun, and if you get the time or the inclination, I'd love to see an after action report.

I recommend going through the aar section in the forum, it's filled with grand adventures!

How does your fleet look?

Khelrauko
11-16-2016, 17:28
I'll take a look.

I have only the Starter set currently but am looking to expand my fleet in the coming months.

Bligh
11-17-2016, 01:30
On behalf of the British Fleet, welcome to the Anchorage Gareth.
Opening your account on the UK forum is quite correct, but do pop along and say hi to the rest of the shipmates in the Wardroom.
Lurking is fine, at least you have the good manners to make your number.
May you sail with a fair wind and take many a Prize.
Rob.

Capn Duff
11-17-2016, 02:50
Welcome Gareth, this weekend some of us will be at Warfare in Reading, although this show we are not putting on Sails if you make it to the show, pop along to the Wings of Glory game and have a chat, I will be there under my Wings pseudonim, Boney10

Naharaht
11-18-2016, 21:04
Welcome to the Anchorage, Gareth. There is much on this website to help you enjoy the game and you will find that we are pretty friendly here, so do not be afraid to ask any questions you may have.