PDA

View Full Version : AAR - October Solo Mission: A clean pair of keels.

Hjl
11-12-2016, 19:23

As the sun starts to go down the French 3rd rate Le Berwick rounded the island at full sail. The watch officer yelled out and activity exploded all over the two ships. The HMS Cleopatra had a significant number of her crew on Unite.

-----

The Captured ship and HMS Cleopatra started raising their sails as quickly as they could. Le Berwick was attempting to close the gap but could the heavier, slower, 3rd rate catch the frigates before they could escape to open sea?

-----

Even with their diminished crews the two frigates were managing to get their sails up in a timely fashion. Le Berwick was still gaining on them though, it was going to be a close thing.

-----

-----

The Frigates got their sails to battle and were making good speed, The Unite had a leak though and the repairs were not capable of holding the water at bay under high speeds.

HMS Cleopatra's captain ordered them to turn to draw the chasing French ship away from the captured, slower frigate.

-----

The Frenchman took the bait and continued to follow the HMS Cleopatra.

-----

The Frigates were finally up to enough speed to escape. It looked as though the captains gambit had paid off.

Bligh
11-13-2016, 02:42
A good ploy to draw off the Le Berwick, who had not got a very smart captain Hugh.
I did notice though that Unite, managed to get up to full sails, therefore, as per the Brief, she took on too much water which the pumps could not handle and sank. :minis::shock::cry::hatsoff:
Rob.

Hjl
11-13-2016, 07:38
Oh your right! The wind picked up in turn three and I forgot to reduce her sails! Haha no wonder she went so fast. And there was me thinking I'd made it out without so much as a shot fired.

Bligh
11-13-2016, 09:28
You did. :clap:
Rob.

Hjl
11-13-2016, 13:06
OH well, some you win and some you lose. The important thing is that the French lost a ship. I'll have to hope the French picked up the Unité crew....

Bligh
11-13-2016, 15:20
By the time the French came about and got there, your crew had taken the longboat, and rowed off into the dusk, whilst the 74 was lowering boats and rescuing the French seamen. You may well see your crew members again.
Rob.