PDA

View Full Version : An Old Chestnut

redlancer38
10-19-2016, 06:42
I wonder if, with the new wave of ships due in November, will UK retailers start to restock the additional ship mats and counters. I've briefly spoke to Ares, and to some retailers, about this and it now seems to me that this is a problem with the UK distributor for the game. Any one else shine some light on this issue?

Bligh
10-19-2016, 08:21
Apart from agreeing with you, I cannot say Paul.
For some time now I have availed myself of those provided either from Amazon or our own Anchorage Store, as I have found them increasingly difficult to come by.
Any of you shipmates hidden suppliers here in the U.K. perchance?
Rob

Capn Duff
10-19-2016, 10:12
Try looking at Northumbria games, I know they had some ships, chit bags and a selection of other items, do not know if they still do though.
Hopefully they will stock the new ships

redlancer38
10-19-2016, 11:05
Thanks for the replies. Capt Duff: Northumbria Games does indeed have the elusive item in stock. Thanks for the heads-up. Crazy distribution policy all the same.

Capn Duff
10-19-2016, 14:01
Glad to help Paul

Union Jack
10-19-2016, 16:02
Can't guarentee but the reason my LFGS does not stock is that there is 1 main importer into the UK who distributes to all UK Stockists. I may be wrong:question: and only going off what I was told but therein may be the problem.:sad:

Naharaht
10-19-2016, 17:21
The one main importer of Ares products into the U.K. is Esdevium Games. They distribute them to local games shops. I believe that they only sell to shops nowadays. I am guessing that for them to order ship mats and counters from the U.S.A. they will need sufficient demands from retailers, who need sufficient orders from customers to make them order from Esdevium. Shops do not like having stock items which sell slowly.

Bligh
10-20-2016, 00:44
I have found the same thing with other products too Dave. It is not only the small businesses either. You find that they stock the main items, but there is no backup when it comes to the accessories.
As Neil says this is compounded by their only being one main dealer. The whole distribution system in fact seems to be one choke point after another. It's a miracle that we get any accessories at all.
Rob.

David Manley
10-20-2016, 08:52
If only one could order these less common items direct from Ares.....

Bligh
10-20-2016, 13:24
That would be great Dave, but I don't think they have the staffing infrastructure to deal with that sort of enterprise.
Rob.