PDA

View Full Version : Briefing August Solo Scenario: The Signal Station.

Union Jack
08-08-2016, 14:27
The Signal Station.
You have had news that a ship carrying a valuable cargo is anchored in a sheltered bay.
Unfortunately there is a signal station overlooking this anchorage and any approach.
Should you decide to approach during daylight then the other ship will make good its escape.
Should you decide to carry out a boat landing action then read on:

Sheltering in a neighbouring sheltered bay you have dispatched 1 or 2 boats.

Each boat can carry 2 crew.

They land in the bay adjacent to Path B at night. They proceed to the signal station.
(This part of the action stops here).

As dawn is breaking you sail towards the headland hoping that your landing party have done the job.

Once you ship rounds the headland follow the next actions in sequence:

1. Draw 3 E damage chits.
2. If the chits show a crewman then total these and add 1 (max 4).
3. Then carry out a boarding action with your crewmen v the signal station crew.
4. If your men win then go to A.
5. If the signal crew win then go to B.

A: You sail into the bay. The enemy ship is still at anchor. The enemy ship is the same size as yours minus as many crew boxes as are manning the signal station. It will take 1 movement card to rouse the crew. A second to raise anchor and hoist minimum sails. It will take a third and fourth card to load and run out whichever guns are pointing towards you. The it is game on. If you capture the ship you may add 5 A damage chits of treasure, ie, draw 5 A damage chits. Total up the numbers and that is how much treasure you acquire. Disregard all special damage.

B. You sail into the bay to find the enemy ship is at battle sail and heading away from you. If the enemy ship leaves the table at point C then it gets away. Your missing crew are prisoners, or dead.

If you take the enemy ship draw 5 A damage chits for treasure as above and release your men.

Union Jack
08-08-2016, 14:28
Apologies for delay in posting this.

Hjl
08-08-2016, 14:47
A few questions.

If you send two boats you sacrifice 4 crew boxes on your ship?

What size board do you recommend? How far away should we start from the enemy vessel?

Under scenario A, where do you start? In the same position as B?

Thanks.

Union Jack
08-09-2016, 05:46
Answers:
1. You may send 1 or 2 boats. Each boat can carry a max of 2 crew. If you send 1 or 2 crew then 1 boat. 3 or 4 crew 2 boats.

2. Playing area should be 2 play mats or 4ftx3ft min. For arguments sake you only need the area on the right of the mid line. I included the other half to explain the action in full.

3. You start at the headland in either option. Because as soon as you pass it is when you play the land action.

Bligh
08-09-2016, 10:13
I like a gamble Neil.
Great idea for a scenario.
Rob.

Hjl
08-09-2016, 11:14
That was a fun game! It gave me an excuse to use my new longboat bases. I cant wait to see other peoples actions.

Bligh
08-09-2016, 11:47
Good grief Hugh! That was moving it some. I am hoping to do mine on Thursday morning.
Rob.

Hjl
08-09-2016, 12:12
I had a free morning and decided to give it a whirl

Union Jack
08-09-2016, 12:23
Can't wait for the AAR Hugh.

Hjl
08-09-2016, 12:55
Already up Neil!