PDA

View Full Version : Okay guys, where do we go from here?

Bos'n
06-27-2016, 01:25
1. I haven't seen a change in the record sheets in months. Is my Google spreadsheet broken? How can I fix it? Help!

2. Can we enter our own information on the spreadsheet? If not, who can?

3. Is there a better system for record keeping so that we don't work someone else to death?

I am busy, but I also think this solo campaign is a worthwhile thing to do and am willing to help out, but I won't be the next sacrificial lamb.

Any thoughts. Am I seeing a problem when none exists?

Bligh
06-27-2016, 13:39
As far as I know Neil has had to drop out due to work load and is leaving the scoring up to us.
I would just check with him to ensure that I am correct in this.
Rob.

Bos'n
06-28-2016, 00:06
As far as I know Neil has had to drop out due to work load and is leaving the scoring up to us.
I would just check with him to ensure that I am correct in this.
Rob.

Is the scoring important to what makes the solo experience a good experience? After I started this thread I began to consider what were the things I enjoyed about the game. While I do like the score, it really isn't all that important. The comments of my fellow sailors is what counts and reading about how each of us approaches these scenarios is what matters. Perhaps the score board should just drift away and we should let game evolve.

Union Jack
06-28-2016, 15:07
I'm up for whatever the players wish. The spreadsheet was just a continuation of what Eric first started. The stats haven't been updated for a while for a number of reasons, personal and the 'Drome site. I see no reason why players cannot keep their own records but still play the sceanrios as presented. I can only say again that I apologise from seemingly stopping the admin work to crack on with other things.

Hjl
07-19-2016, 23:37
I have been keeping my own results until such time as they can be added. It is interesting to compare my outcomes to every one else's, it's not terribly important though.

Union Jack
10-12-2016, 17:14
I apologise for the apparent demise of the spreadsheet. But real life, Doncaster planning and the 'Drome have applied pressure on my free time areas and as of now I can say again apologies but the spreadsheet is on the back burner for a long time to come.

Bligh
10-13-2016, 02:24
I tried to understand the stats, but could not really get the hang of how they were presented so am just playing through the games without gaining any prize money. It does not really make any difference to the game.
Rob.

Bos'n
10-13-2016, 13:08
I apologise for the apparent demise of the spreadsheet. But real life, Doncaster planning and the 'Drome have applied pressure on my free time areas and as of now I can say again apologies but the spreadsheet is on the back burner for a long time to come.

No apology is nessessary. You brought a group of players from all over the world together to play a game with little ships. This is a very complex system that makes the experience very realistic but very hard to monitor. Perhaps if we used a scoring system like they use in soccer (ok, futbol) and have the scenario authors define what a win, lose, or tie would be; it would simplify things.

This is just a thought and anything I can do to help keep the solo scenarios going I'll do, if I am able.

Thanks for all that you have done Union Jack!

Union Jack
10-13-2016, 15:20
Thank you for you kind words. That was always the intention to get people playing, to spread the word and to share ideas. This is definitely not a 1 man show, although at times that what it appeared to be. I will be back behind the helm and trying to catch up on missions but I have quite a bit to do before I get there, namely decorating and putting up a dividing wall in my man cave/hovel as swmbo puts it to put my 'c..p' in! Ah well whendone and dusted I will have a permanent playing table and no mroe stealing the odd hour or 10 on the dining room table. A table I can now leave set up and not have to rush a finish.

Bligh
10-13-2016, 15:39
We are all aware of how much you have put into getting this years campaign off the ground Neil.
The behind the scenes work is tremendous as any of us who have tried to put our own stats in are well aware, and that is only the part of the ship above the waterline.
Thank you so much for bearing the brunt of this and allowing us all to enjoy playing the game.
Put your house in order and play when you can. You should be allowed to enjoy the game too.
Thanks.
Rob.