PDA

View Full Version : Run out the Guns

TWR
05-06-2016, 21:31
Last night five of us gathered for another encounter which provided plenty of entertainment. We opted to have four ships of the line on each side.

You can find a number of photos and a brief description here:

https://thewargamesroom.wordpress.com/2016/05/07/run-out-the-guns/

Herkybird
05-07-2016, 01:34
Good AAR there, the pictures helped tell the story well. Those Ships of the line look splendid, don't they! :thumbsup:

Bligh
05-07-2016, 03:10
Great to see a full blooded action so well documented Keith.
Outcome so like our early attempts to bring the enemy to heel.
No real victory.
Rob.

TWR
05-07-2016, 04:13
Richard, yes I agree the ships of the line look very striking. I was a little concerned that four ships per side would look a little lost. But they didn't.

Rob, thanks for your kind words also. I'm pleased the action was reasonably clear. I agree of course that the action was not conclusive, in that neither side had achieved victory. They had however thrashed each other to exhaustion. I wonder how things would have played out if the Montagne had not been out of the fight for as long as she was.

KDz
05-07-2016, 06:10
Very good AAR, to read, and to watch :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing Keith :salute:

Naharaht
05-07-2016, 07:16
A good AAR there, Keith. :thumbsup: It sounds like you all had an exciting time.

Bligh
05-07-2016, 08:19
Rob,I agree of course that the action was not conclusive, in that neither side had achieved victory. They had however thrashed each other to exhaustion. I wonder how things would have played out if the Montagne had not been out of the fight for as long as she was.
That was to my mind what made it all the more realistic Keith.
How often do you see in battles of the period, a ship fail to engage for no apparent reason, or take too long to come up. Almost every major battle sights an example, often on both sides.
Rob.

Nightmoss
05-07-2016, 08:55
Enjoyable AAR! Thanks!

Hjl
05-07-2016, 17:40
A well faught battle!

Those side profile shots of HMS Royal Sovereign show off how good looking a ship she is.

TWR
05-07-2016, 18:41
Those side profile shots of HMS Royal Sovereign show off how good looking a ship she is.

Yes, I was generally pleased with the photos of the models, especially as these days all my photos are taken with a phone camera. My hope with all my reports is that they look interesting and therefore encourage others to consider playing. Of course this includes people reading this site but perhaps more importantly other readers who have not yet tried "Sails of Glory".

As a general comment thanks to those people who have provided some reputational feedback. Perhaps in time I may be awarded a medal.

:happy: