PDA

View Full Version : Colonial port updated

TexaS
04-24-2016, 03:35
I have added a few houses and palm trees to my colonial port.

KDz
04-24-2016, 05:57
:hatsoff: F a n t a s t i c :clap:

Hjl
04-24-2016, 07:07
Brilliant. I'd love to see it in a game!

Redcoat
04-24-2016, 07:16
How pretty! :clap::clap::clap: I'm glad to see my buildings in your port.:thumbsup:
The palm trees looks great. You can cut the top of the palm to make different sizes. Cutting a palm tree in half, you get your two smaller palms.

Nightmoss
04-24-2016, 09:42
Looks exceptionally nice! :salute:

TexaS
04-24-2016, 10:08
Brilliant. I'd love to see it in a game!

It's in quite a few of my battles, but it's an older version without the church and palm trees.

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3294-LinCon-2015-Battle-of-San-Domingo

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3916-Captains-sir-Edward-Pellew-and-Jack-Aubrey-goes-at-it

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3570-AAR-At-War-Again-Chance-for-Glory-or-the-Grave

To give a small selection of links.

Union Jack
04-24-2016, 10:43
Ah. Yes. May I add HMS Victory and HMS Goliath made a fine sight.........ooopps, hole dug. Close ups to follow.

UJ.

Torrence
04-24-2016, 11:13
Splendid work, I like the tropical feeling it creates! :hatsoff:

spiessbuerger
04-24-2016, 11:28
Please don't post such pictures here. :wink:
It makes my 2D gaming tables looking poor.

Amazing! That's a pretty cool port model :thumbsup:

TexaS
04-25-2016, 14:10
Ah. Yes. May I add HMS Victory and HMS Goliath made a fine sight.........ooopps, hole dug. Close ups to follow.

UJ.

I'm not quite sure I follow you... :question:

Devsdoc
04-25-2016, 19:45
Jonas,
I love it. It looks so good. Well done :medal:
Be safe
Rory

TexaS
04-25-2016, 22:37
Thank you Rory.

It's in no small part thanks to your advice to make it close packed that it turned out so well.

TWR
05-01-2016, 04:09
I have always been impressed by your outstanding town. It is improved even further by the palm trees.

TexaS
05-01-2016, 04:42
Thank you.

I also think that the church made a lot of difference.

TWR
05-01-2016, 05:01
I also think that the church made a lot of difference.

I agree. That said there seem to be a number of buildings that add to the overall look, though the church is certainly one. It is shown off well when the town is viewed from the front elevation.

Bligh
05-01-2016, 05:09
I see that you have also moved the mansion and its grounds to add the extra fortification Jonas.
I think it ties in the layout of the town superbly in the new format. It gives it definition.

I should have my Palm trees and extra Fort any day now, as I asked for them not to be posted until I returned from Praag.
Parcel Farce are such incompetents when it comes to deliveries to absentee's houses.
Rob.

TexaS
05-01-2016, 05:16
Yes. It was put there with blue tack in the first place. There was a sealed off "inner part" of the town of Santo Domingo that I'm drawing my inspiration from, except my town is probably about a quarter in scale apart from the most of the town continuing north (upwards in photos). It was in the area where I moved it to.

I still should make a city wall to the west. I'm thinking of starting it from the little grey fort's tower and just run off board.

I once sent a "Parcel Force 48" which should reach any town in Europe within 48 hours. It took just over two weeks to Sweden's fifth biggest town...

Devsdoc
05-01-2016, 07:46
Yes. It was put there with blue tack in the first place. There was a sealed off "inner part" of the town of Santo Domingo that I'm drawing my inspiration from, except my town is probably about a quarter in scale apart from the most of the town continuing north (upwards in photos). It was in the area where I moved it to.

I still should make a city wall to the west. I'm thinking of starting it from the little grey fort's tower and just run off board.

I once sent a "Parcel Force 48" which should reach any town in Europe within 48 hours. It took just over two weeks to Sweden's fifth biggest town...

Remember Jonas, This is for all for sea-battles. I would not add to it. It is for framing the sea battle. It adds so much to the game and looks great. Folks add islands, but forget shore-lines. So unless you are planning landings of places well inland, STOP! That is for land/air games. I'm going too have to make more "Hair-roller" armies to cover all the land bits I have. You can end-up adding a small village, more trees and farm houses etc, which in scale terms would be miles away for the sea. The harbour is important. To have a harbour and no town/city with it would look silly! The shore-line fames the sea, the town fames the harbour. Its water you need to play ships.
Be safe
Rory

Comte de Brueys
05-01-2016, 08:32
Nice French city! :clap:

TexaS
05-01-2016, 09:03
Rory: True words.

I easily get carried away with details and then it's easy to loose sight of what's important.

Sven: I can easily exchange it for every scenario. It works for now.

Bligh
05-01-2016, 11:59
I'm going too have to make more "Hair-roller" armies to cover all the land bits I have.
Rory

Good grief Rory.:shock:
Hair -roller armies. I have not heard that phrase bandied about for many a long year. I had almost forgotten them.:wink:
Rob.

Redcoat
05-01-2016, 12:30
I see that you have also moved the mansion and its grounds to add the extra fortification Jonas.
I think it ties in the layout of the town superbly in the new format. It gives it definition.

I should have my Palm trees and extra Fort any day now, as I asked for them not to be posted until I returned from Praag.
Parcel Farce are such incompetents when it comes to deliveries to absentee's houses.
Rob.

You will recibe this week surely. :salute: I sent last 26th april

Devsdoc
05-01-2016, 20:43
Good grief Rory.:shock:
Hair -roller armies. I have not heard that phrase bandied about for many a long year. I had almost forgotten them.:wink:
Rob.

Yep! Sometimes the old ways are the best

Be safe
Rory

Hjl
05-01-2016, 21:43
Ooooh, where did you get those from? its not fair! You guys always have the best toys

Naharaht
05-02-2016, 00:37
That is a beautiful port model, Jonas! You are so skillful. :clap:

TexaS
05-02-2016, 01:03
Thank you.

It's made easy by great models.

Bligh
05-02-2016, 01:15
Yep! Sometimes the old ways are the best.
Be safe.
Rory

That works for me Rory. They look very good on your landscape.
Rob.

Bligh
05-02-2016, 01:20
You will recieve this week surely. :salute: I sent last 26th April

:hmmm:The delivery service is always a bit messed up on our bank Holidays Julián. :question:I expect not only the Post Office but HM. Customs and Revenue have a bit of a backlog to deal with.:wink:
Rob.