PDA

View Full Version : AAR Letters of Marque april "mystic wind"

Tordenskjold
04-13-2016, 01:55
10 april. After a few naval battles South from Current position, Mr. Bowen issued new orders. Intelligence has tell that one, maybe two ships, ran away by during the last naval battle and sailed North. It is now Mr. Bowens modest task to investigate.
11 april. further North with the wind going South/East, Mr. Bowen decides to sail towards the coast in the easterly direction to get more supplies. A small bay seems to be a perfect place to provide it, but when the HMS Terpsichore is approaching the situation change drastically..."SHIP IN SIGHT...NO WAIT...TWO SHIPS IN THE BAY" it sounds from the top of the sail...

Mr. Bowens strategy:
- Prevent ships from going South for reinforcements
- Take HMS Terpsichore south of the island and to force the ships to go against the wind in the bay
- Pray for the wind to go straight East.

Set Up:

Enemy ships (and fort. Mr. Bowen will soon find out...):

Quiet as a Sea Serpent HMS Terpsichore sneaks out to the South of the island, but the wind behave remarkably. Mr. Bowens prayers will be heard, but strong gusts challenge the crew sailing properties.

oh, now i get excited:wink:

HMS Terpsichore approaching the Bay East of the island...all of sudden...KAPOW...Canon fire from the shore. Mr. Bowen is considering 300 whips blow to a couple of his men...

Wind still behave strange:

A lot of activity takes place around the two ships and very quickly they set sail and leave West of the bay and into the wind.
While reloading at the shore, the smoke starts to raise on sea:

HMS Terpsichore fire a broadside to the shore. Minor damage of course:hmmm:.
The two ships are finding it hard to maneuver around in the bay with the mysterious wind against them. One ship sail aground (some minor damage). Mr. Bowen takes the chance and sailing North on the wrecked ship in order to catch up with the last ship before itīs leaving the bay...

Once again the canon fire from land is hitting HMS Terpsichore. Mast broken. More damage. Wind still in east but change speed...HMS Terpsichore on ground:

...disaster :smack:

That was a lot of fun. I know that i am not a real good sailor yet, but i am happy to accept the challenges:happy:

BUCHERS BILL:
Enemy-

The wreck of HMS Terpsichore-

May this be a lesson...

Question:
- How do i get further from her? No ship...I was heard by rumors that Mr. Bowen escaped on land. Cut down some enemies on his way North/west and was last seen in a small port in a small dark paltry Tavern called: "Favourite Tipple"

Have a nice day everyone
Morten:beer::singin::happy:

Bligh
04-13-2016, 02:48
Catastrophic Morten.:shock:
I think you made life too hard for yourself.
How did the wind veer so fast.
Also you should have seen the Battery on the headland and tried to avoid it.
You made it very powerful too.
I feel really sorry for your poor Captain.
Rob.

KDz
04-13-2016, 03:19
Despite the final :surrender:, nice to read and cool pictures Morten

Hjl
04-13-2016, 05:26
That was a beautifle set of pictures. You have a lovely garden!

2vs 1 with equil ships was always going to be a tough one. Well fought anyway.

Tordenskjold
04-13-2016, 05:36
Well Rob, i must admit I made a wrong decision. I tried with the unexpected and thought that I could get away with a few strokes from the fort. But some unlucky strokes made my mast broken. It is very rare that the wind strenght changes that often and then i must use actions for the sails. There was a lot of things to be awere of, but i loved the scenario and of course next time i play it i will take no chances.
Summary:
- more space between island an coast
- less powerful fort
- keep on training advanced rules

...my poor Captain? Well it's not the last time you will see him. I know he survived somehow:happy:

Kamil, it was a great weather and i played the scenario on my terrace. The sun was shinning bright so the light is great taking photoes in. afterwards they was just edited....oh and the beer is a very tasty stronge ale, so all i regret was that it only took about a small hour to play:beer::happy:

Tordenskjold
04-13-2016, 05:43
That was a beautifle set of pictures. You have a lovely garden!

2vs 1 with equil ships was always going to be a tough one. Well fought anyway.

Thanks Huge:hatsoff: i love nature...:drinks:
I dont think the ships was equil. i did change the shiplogs so that they remind of sloopes but i think i will ask for some more help next time:happy:
Morten

Bligh
04-13-2016, 05:57
A steep learning curve is often the best way to learn Captain.
As long as you stay alive. :wink:
Bligh.

Union Jack
04-13-2016, 06:31
Morten there is always hope. Great AAR, even if it did end badly. Once I'm back from Prague I'll put me thunking cap on, if that is ok with yourself, and try and come up with a cunning plan.

Neil

Tordenskjold
04-13-2016, 06:56
You are mostly welcome Neil:hatsoff:
Wish you a Nice trip in Prauge...and while you are there, try the beer spa:
Morten:happy:

Union Jack
04-13-2016, 10:12
"Aye Tom, she's ours. Well yours for now. Now take care as I board t'other sloop."

"AArghhhhhhh Jim...Cap'n sorry. Plans working well."

So I says to myself...that looks like a wrecked ship fast on shore...British by the look of.....Damn it's the big E. (Boom...boom...boom). "Time to make sail lads. We'll slip away under the guns of that fort afore they know what's happening".

6 hours later. "Welcome aboard Cap'n. Now who's that sailing off in your prize?"
"Well Tom..let's just say the Royal Navy owes us a favour or two".

Captain Bowen looked back towards the privateer and the other prize thinking it was indeed his lucky day. He just had to think of a reason how he lost Terpsichore..a chest of gold..but gained a French sloop!

(Hope this was of use to you. You now have a French sloop. You lost a total of 3 crew boxes but otherwise you're intact.

Happy sailing in your new ship, albeit with reduced crew).

Bligh
04-13-2016, 10:23
Splendid compromise Neil.
I feel very bad about producing a scenario that lost Morten his ship, especially as he is so free with his beer.:sad:
Where can you get those tubs full of beautiful ale?:wink:
Bligh.

Union Jack
04-13-2016, 11:04
I was reading through my scenario and it came to me in a flash. Releasing the prisoners helped take the 2nd ship and for their help Jim let them go with some promises made which I am sure Morten will reciprocate in the future.....anyway a good word in the admiralty ear is always a good thing to have in ones back pocket if ever we need a favour ourselves.

Torrence
04-13-2016, 15:03
Very nicely documented disaster!:surrender::thumbsup:
And I'll have to agree: Your terrace and the view from it are beautiful!

Bligh
04-13-2016, 15:45
Now I've had to go back and look at the terrace again.
It gets better every time.
Rob.:wink:

Tordenskjold
04-20-2016, 01:22
Thank you Neil. :hatsoff:
I think it is VERY kind of you and i appreciate the outcome. Mr. Bowen will any time reciprocate it. His new captured French sloop looks just fine and the crew will soon be filled up again...Mr. Bowenīs defamation is at stake and he will in no way disappoint The Royal Navy.
Great writing Neil. Love it. Thanks again for keeping me alive:beer:
morten

Tordenskjold
04-20-2016, 01:30
...how does the "Reputation" canon work?:question: I donīt know:dazed:

TexaS
04-20-2016, 05:27
If you mean the little star on the posts giving reputation it's limited in a way that you have to give reputation to several other users before you can give to the same person again to stop it from being abused. Otherwise two users could just give each other loads of reputation.

It's apparently also so that someone with more reputation gives more than someone without.

TexaS
04-20-2016, 05:29
And you can never give yourself or to the same post twice.

Also, it doesn't actually do anything but it's a way to show that you appreciated something. It could be a great AAR, a funny joke, a helping hand or because you want to praise someone for doing a good thing.

Tordenskjold
04-20-2016, 06:09
Tack so mycket Jonas:salute: i found the little star. Is it only possible to give 1 rep. away at the time?

TexaS
04-20-2016, 06:38
Kind of.

If you have lots of reputation yourself you give more each time. I don't know how much more or how the progression is but I would guess 1 for every 50 you have or something like that.

And you don't loose any yourself by giving reputation.

Bligh
04-26-2016, 04:28
Tack so mycket Jonas:salute: i found the little star. Is it only possible to give 1 rep. away at the time?

Also when you reach 50 rep yourself you get a medal.
Rob.