PDA

View Full Version : Brief Letters of Marque April Scenario.

Bligh
03-26-2016, 06:54
Copping a Packet.

You have been instructed to apprehend an enemy Packet ship, known to have some important and essential material appertaining to, and essential for the furtherance of the enemies war effort.
Coordinates supplied to your Admiral/Captain/Pirate chieftain by spies have brought you to a secluded bay on the enemy coast. As you round the headland, you are surprised to see not one, but two ships at anchor under the guns of a fort upon the headland.

Boats are passing between the ships and materials are obviously being exchanged.
If you enter the bay, the ships will slip their cables and make off in different directions.
The wind is initially blowing from the NW but may change if you wish to use those rules…
You will have to prioritize which ship you decide to cut out.
The fort will fire upon you if you come within range.
Both ships must escape from the Western edge of the horizon.
When captured a search of the ship will turn up one of several items.
Treasure to pay the enemy Fleet, Charts for an invasion of your home port, a letter containing the names of enemy agents in your area of influence, or just a plane sheet of parchment containing nothing at all.
Before the game starts, print off the cards below, and without looking at them ascribe one of the cards to each of your ships. When it is captured you may turn over the card and see what the ship is carrying.
On arrival back at your home port, the Dockyard Agent, (Neil) will decide what your bounty is worth.
For the Action, I suggest two Sloops against a Frigate, and a Fort with a 2 and 3 battery. If you pitch a 74 against two Frigates, use only a 3 battery, as two Frigates may gang up on a hurt 74, whereas two Sloops are less likely to take on a frigate. Because of the nature of plunging fire from the battery, no raking shots are allowed. Nor will the Fort have had sufficient warning to prepare heated shot.

Bligh.

Tordenskjold
03-28-2016, 03:35
:clap::clap: oh i canīt wait for the opportunity to play this...random intelligence. Rules of change the wind. Fort battery...i love it:happy:
With my google translate i understand the most of it. However, i have a few questions:
- Return to homeport. Is that far west?
- Where can i get ship log for the sloops?
- Heated shot from battery? I donīt quite understand:question:
Cheers Rob:beer:
Morten

Union Jack
03-28-2016, 05:52
Must get a move on 3 scenarios behind now......

Bligh
03-28-2016, 08:44
:clap::clap: oh i canīt wait for the opportunity to play this...random intelligence. Rules of change the wind. Fort battery...i love it:happy:
With my google translate i understand the most of it. However, i have a few questions:
- Return to homeport. Is that far west?
- Where can i get ship log for the sloops?
- Heated shot from battery? I donīt quite understand:question:
Cheers Rob:beer:
Morten

Hi Morten.
Yes to escape you must leave the West edge of the mat.
I will post Sloop logs.
Heated shot is not allowed in this scenario.
Have you got Mats for the forts guns? If not PM me with your E-mail address.
Hope this helps.
Rob.

Hjl
03-28-2016, 09:35
I don't have them either Rob, are they in the file section of the site?

Bligh
03-28-2016, 09:43
Not as far as I am aware Hugh. Because they are official Mats released by Ares, I think that we are not allowed to reproduce them due to Copyright rules.
I just checked and all Keith's are now out of stock.
Rob.

Bligh
03-29-2016, 04:20
Here are the Mats you need for the game. Please copy them now in case I'm asked to remove them later.

Also ships details if you have built your own.

Rob.

KDz
03-29-2016, 10:42
It looks very interesting :minis:

TexaS
03-29-2016, 11:41
I see what you meant when comparing to my Indefatigable + Surprise scenario.

Tordenskjold
03-30-2016, 01:09
Thank you Rob. I have my fort terrain and maps, no problemo...and for the sloops i will use the log of Swan, it helps a lot.
The heated shot i will not use, but i wonder were the rules for heated shots are? i only read about it in some books describe how canon balls was heated up before shooting to bring enemy ships burn, if lucky. I think it was a big risk to do that with all the powder and wood, but again, everything on board was a big risk back in time.
For now i will plan some strategy for the scenario and hopefully rise in rank as a newborn captain...seed sown, now let it grow:happy:
Morten