PDA

View Full Version : Another Merchantman scenario

Herkybird
02-13-2016, 16:14
Today, I got to do Sails of Glory at the club, and inspired by Bligh's Merchantman scenario, we did something similar!
The write up is on my blog at: http://herkybird-richardbradley.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/amazons-on-rampage.html

I hope you enjoy reading it! :minis:

Hjl
02-13-2016, 19:51
Looks like a very good game!

What solo rules are you using? I'm experimenting with which one is best, what is your opinion?

Bligh
02-14-2016, 01:04
Looks like a very good game!

What solo rules are you using? I'm experimenting with which one is best, what is your opinion?

I can't speak for Richard, Hugh, but I expect he is using his own solo rules. I know I do and they are excellent.
Rob.

Bligh
02-14-2016, 01:18
Your action against Hermione and Alligator was most interesting and instructive Richard.
Thanks for giving the link to it.
Hermione certainly punched above her weight in that one.
Rob.

Herkybird
02-14-2016, 02:23
Thanks Rob!

I was indeed using Powder Monkey, Hugh, the links are on the blog post in the first paragraph.
Hermione is an expensive ship, mainly because she has a burthen of 3 as opposed to our Amazon class with a burthen of 2. I have found this makes a ship much more able to stand in a fight.
I found in the game, despite my orders, my 2 fellow players, who have less experience with SofG, did their own thing, leaving me to fight Hermione mostly alone.

I do have problems fighting ships run by my own solo system sometimes! - go figure? :question: