PDA

View Full Version : AAR-February 2016 Solo Scenario - A new venture

Hjl
02-08-2016, 20:01
Ships involved:
The Iratus (Amazon class frigate) captained by Carswell Dixon.
Unite (french frigate)
Celestial Spirit (merchant sloop)

After spotting the Celestial Spirit in distress, the Unite moves in to lend assistance. Captain Dixon aboard the Iratus orders his men to cast off the lines and man the guns. His prize crew start turning the Spirit into the wind to escape.

--

After closing the gap both captains order their crews to open fire. Both ships inflict significant damage on one another. The Iratus is holed and the Unite loses a mast.

--

The dance begins, the Unite and Iratus square off against one another looking for the advantage and trying to line up a shot while the gun crews hurry to load their guns! The two captains order their repair teams to work managing to patch up the worst of the damage inflicted in the last exchange.

--

Both captains order their crews to fire. The shot comes whizzing across the gap, splintering wood and maiming men on both sides.

--

The damage so far. Both ships have received some minor hull damage and some crew casualties.

--

The Unite and Iratus continue circling one another, loading and firing until the barrels of the gun steam in the ocean spray.

--

Captain Dixon orders his gun crews to load double shot and moves the Iratus into position behind the Unite, taking advantage of the French captains mistake. As soon as the shot is lined up he orders "FIRE". The shot cannons out, raking the stern of the Unite while the musket-men take their targets causing catastrophic damage. The Unite limps away with its patched mast now ruined beyond repair.

--

The Unite attempts to put some distance between herself and the pirates, firing off a few shots from their stern guns doing minimal damage.

--

The Iratus closes once again on the Unite whilst the captured merchant vessel gets closer to escaping.

--

The Iratus and the Unite continue exchanging fire blasting chunks from each other and killing yet more crewmen.

--

Captain Carswell Dixon orders his men to raise the sails and brings the Iratus into boarding distance with the French frigate. He orders his crew to release one final broadside and his crews to prepare to board.

The boarding action ends quickly with the French surrendering, as is their fashion.

--

The butchers bill.

--

Captain Dixon and his crew set sail back to safe harbor to repair and rearm. What had set out to be a good day had become a truly great one. A merchant ship to ransom off and a French frigate to add to his fleet!

Bligh
02-09-2016, 02:22
A good bit of action there Hugh.
Also a nice haul to add to your hoard, and a Frigate as prize to boot.
Only a pity that it is so damaged.
Well done sir.
Rob.

KDz
02-09-2016, 03:12
Good job, Captain :thumbsup:

Torrence
02-09-2016, 04:41
Good job and nice AAR!:thumbsup:

Hjl
02-09-2016, 05:21
I got a bit lucky with some of the chit draws and managed to hit him with a big hit early enough to give me the advantage. I had to correct a few of the ai moves because the one generated randomly from the die didn't always make sense. Also got a few things wrong.

Union Jack
02-09-2016, 12:50
Again once up and about and back at the computer I'll update the sheet.

Capn Duff
02-15-2016, 14:17
Nice action and report, enjoyed reading.

Union Jack
02-16-2016, 15:16
I make it 4 hull damage and 3 crew loss for your privateer.
1 hull box repaired free (end of scenario rule) = 3 hull damage.
1 crew taken from merchantman = 2 crew loss

I will remove 5 prize to repair the hull damage and recruit the crew loss.

3 Renown and 9 prize-5 = 4 for the captain.