PDA

View Full Version : New toy

Gunner
01-18-2016, 15:26
Started work on a simple change, the Victory to the Russian Rostislav

Aerial pictures taken by my new toy the $24.98 quadcopter Cheerson CX-10C, can also take movies.:beer:

TexaS
01-18-2016, 23:01
Nice toy, but you'll have to work on colour balance. The dark green shows up as black... :wink:
If I find some ships that is okay as Swedish conversions to fight it I just might do the same.

Gunner
01-19-2016, 00:40
Pictures were taken indoors with just ceiling lights, and the color is black, the green comes later, took me all day just to do the white.
Still, not bad for a $25 flying movie camera. :beer:

Bligh
01-19-2016, 01:00
Looking good thus far Ed.
Is it just a cosmetic paint job or are there some alterations to the structure needed?
Rob.

Gunner
01-19-2016, 01:42
Looking good thus far Ed.
Is it just a cosmetic paint job or are there some alterations to the structure needed?
Rob.

The Ches'ma class Rostislav is a close copy of the Victory, so for my needs just a re-paint, rigging and ratlines (as soon as Keith makes them available) will be good enough.:drinks:

Bligh
01-19-2016, 05:11
That's the kind I like the best.
I have another Commerce de Bordeaux 74 on the way from Keith for a repaint, but can't make up my mind what to do with it.
Any good ideas?
Rob.

Cmmdre
01-19-2016, 07:42
I like your Russian colors Ed. :thumbsup:

Nightmoss
01-19-2016, 09:09
Now that's a spiffy paint job! :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure to see folks painting, modding and kit bashing SoG ships. Still waiting on those Spanish First Rates though!! :wink:

Gunner
01-19-2016, 12:04
That's the kind I like the best.
I have another Commerce de Bordeaux 74 on the way from Keith for a repaint, but can't make up my mind what to do with it.
Any good ideas?
Rob.

Not really, but others should. I used one of my extra Commerce de Bordeaux's as the Argonauta when Ares first released the picture(wanted to be the first kid on my block to have one).
Pictured with the Argonauta the Ares sculpts look identical.:beer:19339

TexaS
01-19-2016, 12:31
Pictures were taken indoors with just ceiling lights, and the color is black, the green comes later, took me all day just to do the white.
Still, not bad for a $25 flying movie camera. :beer:

It's a great price for a fun toy. The pictures are really good for that price. Electronics get dirt cheap quickly nowadays. I'm guessing you have other uses for it too. :happy:

Gunner
01-19-2016, 14:45
It's a great price for a fun toy. The pictures are really good for that price. Electronics get dirt cheap quickly nowadays. I'm guessing you have other uses for it too. :happy:

After I get a little more proficient with it, they also have the same model without a camera for around $15.
I plan some last man flying dogfights with my son & friends.:drinks:

Devsdoc
01-19-2016, 15:44
Hi Ed,
Only seen this tread tonight
Nice toy and nice ship. I think for this scale the Victory is the best model for the Rostislav. I too know how hard it is to do straight lines. She will look great when she is rigged. I like a lot.
Be safe
Rory

7eat51
01-19-2016, 18:45
She looks great, Ed. :thumbsup:

I think with all the decks, the colors are striking.

Looks like Sue will be doing some painting.

Gunner
01-19-2016, 20:03
Hi Ed,
Only seen this tread tonight
Nice toy and nice ship. I think for this scale the Victory is the best model for the Rostislav. I too know how hard it is to do straight lines. She will look great when she is rigged. I like a lot.
Be safe
Rory

Thanks Rory, the main reason I started this one was because I was too ashamed to try bribing you into doing it.:drinks:

Bligh
01-20-2016, 03:00
I think we are all gradually getting the bug to try our hands at repainting now that we have seen what the masters can achieve.
I am just about to start my third repaint.
Rob.

Volunteer
01-20-2016, 06:26
Can't believe Rory didn't pick up on what you said further up Ed. That it is only temporarily black, you are going to paint it green! LOL

"Pictures were taken indoors with just ceiling lights, and the color is black, the green comes later, took me all day just to do the white."

TexaS
01-20-2016, 08:37
He ment our faces when he's finished.

I'm having it already. :envy:

Devsdoc
01-20-2016, 13:27
Thanks Rory, the main reason I started this one was because I was too ashamed to try bribing you into doing it.:drinks:

Ed,
She looks so good. You say you would be ashamed to ask me. You have no need too. That is very good work. You told me you could not paint now (Your eyes). Hats off too you my friend.

Can't believe Rory didn't pick up on what you said further up Ed. That it is only temporarily black, you are going to paint it green! LOL

"Pictures were taken indoors with just ceiling lights, and the color is black, the green comes later, took me all day just to do the white."

Hi Vol,
I would not say a thing about someone's colours of a ship or fleet. I started looking at the Russians because of the green and white colours. Lucky for me I learnt that it was Black and white before I started painting. As you know I shout-out about this (a lot).
All my French are dark red, this is wrong as I know it is, but I do so for the game on the table. In my defence some ships where dark red. I still sometimes wish I had not see the black and white bit. I would have loved a green and white fleet. A little bit of me stouts YES! but most of me is happy Ed is painting. If the Victory can be pink! Who am I to say what colour ships should be!
Be Safe my two friends
Rory

Naharaht
01-21-2016, 12:00
When painting the stripes, do you do it freehand or do you stick strips of tape on the side of the ship to mask the parts you do not want to paint?