PDA

View Full Version : AAR: January 2016 Solo Scenario One - For Honour & Glory ... with Iron and Blood

spiessbuerger
01-17-2016, 07:31
:takecover:

spiessbuerger
01-17-2016, 07:32
Result:

Questions:
1. is the merchant armed? (how strong?)
2. what is the prize money for capturing the enemy ship?

KDz
01-17-2016, 08:08
:clap:

Nightmoss
01-17-2016, 09:04
Excellent AAR!! I love the format and would like to know how you accomplished it; software, etc. :salute:

Union Jack
01-17-2016, 09:27
Brilliantly done sir.

Reputation Points:
+1 recapture Merchantman and it got off at point A.
+2 Sink/Capture enemy ship same size.

Prize Money:
+3 Bonus from Merchant Company for saving cargo.
+7 each undamaged hull box on captured enemy ship.

Spreadsheet updated.
Remember you can use prize money to speed up the Repairs on ships.
1 Hull box has been repaired for free (end of scenario rule).
If the merchant ship was armed it would indicate in the scenario rules. For this one it wasn't.

spiessbuerger
01-17-2016, 13:49
Excellent AAR!! I love the format and would like to know how you accomplished it; software, etc. :salute:

Thank you, Sir. :salute:
I used only MS Powerpoint slides. I used the drawing symbols and lines for the ships and the routes.

spiessbuerger
01-17-2016, 14:18
Brilliantly done sir.
Thank you, sir. :salute:

Prize Money:
+3 Bonus from Merchant Company for saving cargo.
+7 each undamaged hull box on captured enemy ship.
Wow! 10 prize money. Think, I'm the richest captain here at the moment. :happy:
But for that money I have also to repair my badly damaged frigate and recruit nearly half of the crew. :sad:

Again some questions:

1. Point 7 from the scenario description: "If the merchant ship surrenders you must send a prize crew across to recapture. (reduce your crew boxes by 1)"
-> is that "crew reducing" permanent at my ship or do they come back in port?

2. What about that rule description? "However if you press a captured ship into service it will need repaired and crewed."
-> Is it possible to enlarge my fleet with the captured ship?

3. The prize money can be spent for any of my ships and crew recruiting?

Union Jack
01-17-2016, 17:32
To answer:

1: Your crew returns as you are deemed to have freed the merchant crew taken prisoner by the privateer. so the loss was only temporary for the remainder of the game.
2: You may indeed press the captured privateer into your expanding fleet. It will of course cost 10 prize money to fix the hull and to crew the ship.
3: Yes you may use the prize money to outfit/repair any of your ships. The money being deemed part of the nations cut. (But comes out of your purse).
4: To fix the Amelia will cost you 10 prize money broken down as follows:
Hull damage = 6 boxes but you get one fixed for free (end of scenario ruling) = 5 left to be repaired
Crew Losses = 5

5+5 = 10.

Your choice, fix the Amelia up or claim the privateer, fix her and add her to your fleet.

Torrence
01-18-2016, 01:27
Congratulations!:clap:
Not only a very bloody but also a highly succesful engagement!

And just that prizemoney!:shock:

Bligh
01-18-2016, 04:36
An epic encounter Matthais.
I also like your diagrammatic approach to the movements. it reminds me of all the illustrations of sea battles from history books.
Rob.

spiessbuerger
01-18-2016, 06:36
To answer:

1: Your crew returns as you are deemed to have freed the merchant crew taken prisoner by the privateer. so the loss was only temporary for the remainder of the game.
2: You may indeed press the captured privateer into your expanding fleet. It will of course cost 10 prize money to fix the hull and to crew the ship.
3: Yes you may use the prize money to outfit/repair any of your ships. The money being deemed part of the nations cut. (But comes out of your purse).
Hull damage = 6 boxes but you get one fixed for free (end of scenario ruling) = 5 left to be repaired
Crew Losses = 5

5+5 = 10.

Your choice, fix the Amelia up or claim the privateer, fix her and add her to your fleet.

Thanks Neil for the quick answers.

Then I will repair 2 hull boxes and 1 crew box with the prize money

Small notice: When the boarding crew returns (see 1), then my ship has only 4 crew losses (see 4)

For the captured privateer (see 2) I will see later, if I need to reactivate him.

Union Jack
01-18-2016, 10:44
To Confirm:

Crew Losses = 5_1 for returning prize crew = 4

5+4 = 9.

Repairs to Amelia from prize money: 2 hull boxes and 1 crew? Leaving 7 Prize money.

Dr.Maturin
01-18-2016, 10:47
Very nice AAR. I must buckle down and play my game. One thing I do know however is that my AAr will not be to this standard I'm sorry to say.
Maturin.

Union Jack
01-18-2016, 10:51
Spreadsheet amended as required.

Reg don't worry about how you write up your AAR. A simple account and some pics of the action are all that is required. Put as much into it as you want to.

Gotham Resident
01-19-2016, 15:15
Well done! Quite the adventure!