PDA

View Full Version : BRF: February 2016 Solo Scenario - A new venture

Union Jack
12-22-2015, 12:52
Letters of Marque

February Scenario: A new venture.

General: Your crew have been inactive for too long. You have decided that a short voyage to shake the cobwebs out is in order. News has reached you that a fat, juicy merchant has set sail and this is your target. You have stalked your prey and now it is yours! Or though you think...the mast lookout has just shouted strange sail of the bow. You can’t make it out but you know in your heart it is not good.

Ground: 2 playing mats, or similar sized area, joined at the long edges. The wind is from the top left corner and will not change for the duration of the game.

Situation: The strange sail is not friendly. You are hove to with some of your crew aboard the merchantman as prize crew.
Decide on the size of the enemy ship: Smaller, Same Size, larger.
(See diagram for starting positions).

RULES: 1. It takes 4 maneuver cards to heave to, board the merchant, hoist sail and move at top sails on the 5th card. (Both ships).
2. The enemy ship will consider the merchantman as its primary target for AI movement..
3. Your ship will not be able to fire any muskets and will fight at 1 less if a boarding action takes place. 4. Your ship and the captured merchant must leave the table at point B.
5. Due to a reduced crew the merchant ship can only move at battle sails or top sails.
6. If fired upon by the enemy ship the captured merchant ship will heave to and surrender.
7. If the merchant ship surrenders the enemy ship must send a prize crew across to recapture. (reduce its crew box by 2)
8. To do this it must heave to and launch boats this takes 2 maneuver cards.
9. The enemy ship will fight at 2 crew less for musket fire and boarding once it sends a prize crew to the merchant.

Mission: 1. Capture the merchantman and get off the board at B.
2. Sink/Capture/Drive off the enemy ship.

Renown Points:
+1. Capture The Merchantman and it leaves the table at point B. (Gain bonus Prize money of 6)
+1. The enemy ship leaves the table.
+1. Sink or Capture enemy ship if Smaller than your ship. (Gain bonus of 2 Prize money if captured)
+2. Sink or Capture enemy ship if Same size as your ship. (Gain bonus of 3 Prize money if captured)
+3. Sink or Capture enemy ship if larger than your ship. (Gain bonus of 6 Prize money if captured)

SUMMARY
Maneuver Card 1 Your ship heaves to.
Maneuver Card 2 Your ship launches boats. Enemy ship moves.
Manuever card 3 Your boats move to prize. Enemy ship moves.
Maneuver card 4 Your Prize crew board merchant and take command. Enemy ship moves.
Maneuver card 5 Your Prize crew hoist top sails and move. Enemy ship moves.

Point B is the 'enemy' ship for the merchantman. Point B can be 1/2 or a ruler length either side of the corner. I leave the determination to you.

If the merchant leaves the table outside these parameters (1/2 or full ruler length of corner) and you have been driven off (ie leave the table) captured or sunk; then consider the merchantman recaptured.

Enemy Ship Actions: Will always move to intercept the merchant and recapture it.

Tordenskjold
02-18-2016, 05:44
Niel . My English is far from good and without google translate i would be lost. I want so much play this Campaign, but have a lot of questions to words or cohesiveness of several words. Please be patience. This takes probably a few days for me.
I am familiar with all the rules in the rulebook and have a lot exciting games running passed midnight, so i might be easy learning.
the best from
Morten

Union Jack
02-18-2016, 06:55
Morten whenever you are ready. As for questions ask away.

Tordenskjold
02-18-2016, 07:21
Rules. ?:

1) "takes 4 Maneuver cards"... Is that 4 turns? In that case i understand the SUMMARY :happy: Does heave mean the opposite of pull?
2) Do i control the merchant with it´s respective cards (in my case cards from Unité, of course with it´s reduced crew)?
3) Muskets fire only if boarding?
4) The merchant ship goes AI if i am fired upon by enemy?

Morten:thanks:

Tordenskjold
02-18-2016, 13:10
...i use game map 120 cm. X 90 cm. and advance rules from the rulebook.

Tordenskjold
02-18-2016, 16:39
Rules. ?:

1) "takes 4 Maneuver cards"... Is that 4 turns? In that case i understand the SUMMARY :happy: Does heave mean the opposite of pull?
2) Do i control the merchant with it´s respective cards (in my case cards from Unité, of course with it´s reduced crew)?
3) Muskets fire only if boarding?
4) The merchant ship goes AI if i am fired upon by enemy?

Morten:thanks:

1) ok. understand it now
2) got it. I use the cards from Unité
3) no musket fire at all. Boarding is optional. Right?
4) same as 2).

I am so ready soon :takecover:

Union Jack
02-19-2016, 16:26
If you use Richard Bradleys solo charts the merchant will head for the table edge as its target not your ship.

Use the maneuver cards respective to each ship.