PDA

View Full Version : Likely major typo by Ares on new ship pack

Northern Wolves
12-03-2015, 01:57
I'd only shortly received the Constitution pack before I had to box it back up as we'd just purchased a new home and were moving.
I've spent the last few days getting my hobby table all set up and converting her to match my 74's and 32's (following the helpful tutorials on here, like the Model J ship one) and I finally took a closer look at the Constitutions ship card and nearly fell out of my chair.

360 crew?

Her nominal crew in 1797 when she launched was 450. It was 464 when she fought Guerriere, 475 vs Java, 461 vs Cyane and Levant, her sister ship United States had 478 vs Macedonian and President was captured with 475.

Is this a major typo by Ares?

This unfairly hurts the ship in crew actions and musketry firepower.

My solution is to substitute the middle portion of her 3-piece ship mat with that of one from a 74 until I custom make a new one.

Otherwise she has nearly the same crew actions and musketry as the 280 man Unite from the 4th slot onwards.

Only on the 8th slot does she retain 1 more crew action than the Unite and only on the 6th slot does she retain 1 more firepower.

Comte de Brueys
12-07-2015, 11:32
I don't have this one, but do you think that the wrong crew numer on the ship card had influence on here battle capacities?

Northern Wolves
12-07-2015, 20:04
I've been looking at the 74 gun and 1st rate cards posted on the site, looking for a pattern or system of assigning musket firepower, cannon firepower etc and it seems to actually be accurate enough.

Initially just comparing it to smaller ships I felt it needed more, but with their system which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for adjusting up or down, she sits just about right after all. If we had a 64 gun to compare to that would be nice.

The 360 is just a big eye sore that leaps out at me every time I play :takecover:

7eat51
12-07-2015, 21:48
Hi Mike,

I just looked at your avatar info on the admin page. What kind of image did you upload? It isn't showing up when I look at your posts or profile.

Northern Wolves
12-08-2015, 01:15
Odd, it was there last night and today? It fit the size parameters, was a jpeg. I will try another one.

Comte de Brueys
12-08-2015, 05:43

The 360 is just a big eye sore that leaps out at me every time I play :takecover:

No problem.

You love your USS Constitution that's a fact.

Search for a way to modify this card.

Unfortunately there are some missprints from time to time (like a missing firing arc on a WGF plane card :wink:). But those are really rare.

7eat51
12-08-2015, 06:59
Odd, it was there last night and today? It fit the size parameters, was a jpeg. I will try another one.

Mike, we have had problems with formats, though I do not understand why. Try .png.