PDA

View Full Version : Broken Masts on A I Ships

Salem Vendari
09-06-2015, 07:42
I was playing with the solo rules in the files section of the Anchorage and cut my game short after the first salvo (broken mast special damage against the AI) because I couldn't figure out a logical/intelligent way to handle it short of shuffling the broken mast cards together and drawing one every turn. Does anybody have a good way to handle it?

TexaS
09-06-2015, 14:11
I still use the solo game rules to choose a standard card and then exchange it for the best match of the broken mast cards.

Union Jack
09-08-2015, 16:14
You could always have each sail setting be two mast hits, ie starting with the highest sail setting for every two hits that setting is unusable. So take completely dismast a ship would take 6 mast/sail hits. The your not worried about using the mast hit cards but still slowing a ship down.

Bos'n
04-23-2016, 09:01
I was playing with the solo rules in the files section of the Anchorage and cut my game short after the first salvo (broken mast special damage against the AI) because I couldn't figure out a logical/intelligent way to handle it short of shuffling the broken mast cards together and drawing one every turn. Does anybody have a good way to handle it?

I just read your message and I wish that I had seen it sooner. This a wearer is not very timely, but here it is.

I follow the regular procedure for determining movement then compare the chosen card with the broken mast cards and use the closest fit that I am allowed to use.

I hope this helps even if late.