PDA

View Full Version : Balanced fleets?

Salem Vendari
09-05-2015, 23:14
I'm looking for two or four 3rd rate SoLs (evenly divided been France and England) to go into a balanced 3v3 or 4v4 battle with Genereux/Aquilon and Montagne vs HMS Defense/Vanguard and HMS Britannia. The idea is to play with the optional Flagship rules, with the 1st rates as flagships.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm not exactly sure which ships my local gaming shop has in stock, so I'm trying to put together a priority list (as these are probably going to be the last I buy for a while at the very least, though I'm considering getting a few more frigates eventually). I do have the official point value PDF, but I'd also like some input from the veteran sailors here at the Anchorage.

Union Jack
09-06-2015, 13:25
Don't go for balanced fleets personally. I bought 4 74's (2 British 2 French) and 2 40 gun frigates (french British) and just bought what ever was out there, tried to make each ship different but I dont mind doubling or tripling up as there were more than 1 74 in each class. You can download from the file section cards and put your own stats on them, print out and place in the base for use as normal. I have done this extensively for the solo campaign where I have ficticious named ships.

I don't, IMHO, think it matters.

Neil

Comte de Brueys
09-07-2015, 08:27
Two 1st rates
Four 3rd rates
Four frigates
One sloop

for each side.

That's what I got and that's enough for my game group of 5 - 8 gamers.

Salem Vendari
09-07-2015, 08:46
Thanks for the suggestions. Sven, I think do what you did. It definitely seems to be more than enough for any group and can provide for varying games.