PDA

View Full Version : Border Reiver 2015

Union Jack
09-04-2015, 09:48
Border Reiver 2015
Gateshead International Stadium
Saturday 5th September 2015
Doors Open 10am

We are mainly putting on a Wings of War game but we have space for a demonstration/participation table too for Sails of Glory.

If we have enough interest then it will be a participation game, Royal Navy v France and Spain

If you can make it come along and join in.

Neil

PS: Yes that is tomorrow.

Herkybird
09-04-2015, 12:04
There is a tank skirmish game on at the show, and pictures to take as well, so I can't promise to join in with Sails or Wings, but if I can, I will!
Well done for supporting this show! :beer:

Union Jack
09-04-2015, 13:16
Cheers Richard, even just a meet for a chat would be great. But hope you can jump in on a game too.

Bligh
09-04-2015, 13:42
Have a good one gentlemen, and remember to engage the enemy more closely.
Bligh.

Herkybird
09-04-2015, 15:06
Have a good one gentlemen, and remember to engage the enemy more closely.
Bligh.

Of course Sir, and our Hearts of Oak shall prevail! :minis:

Union Jack
09-05-2015, 12:14
Great day.

We had 2 demo games with 2 players for about 30 minutes. Then nothing for 2 hours. But the wait was worth it. 2 games the second being a four ship encounter. Gray stuff. Report and pics to follow.

Bligh
09-05-2015, 12:24
I await your report with baited breath Midshipman.
Bligh.

Herkybird
09-05-2015, 14:00
Great day.

We had 2 demo games with 2 players for about 30 minutes. Then nothing for 2 hours. But the wait was worth it. 2 games the second being a four ship encounter. Gray stuff. Report and pics to follow.

I sadly had to pass on the game today...sigh! I was too busy doing other stuff as I thought I might.
It was great to see you all though! :thumbsup:

Union Jack
09-05-2015, 18:12
Might be a couple of days Rob. But I'll get the pics and report posted pronto.

Neil

I await your report with baited breath Midshipman.
Bligh.

Union Jack
09-06-2015, 01:28
What a productive day. We managed to have 2 Demo/Intro to SoG games and then 2 games with 4 willing punters.

Unfortunately the first game was with 2 young lads and neither were with their parents so we only took pics of the action.

A frigate action in which the two young lads took to with much gusto. Victory finally going to the French frigate Proserpine, HMS Sybille sinking beneath the waves.

Our second game was a 4 ship encounter. Tom and I took opposite sides and Tom was joined by Tej whilst Callum joined me sailing for the Royal Navy. I must say we maneuvered our ships brilliantly and for most of the game maintained a nice formation of 2 ships, the French were haphazzard and disordered but their gunnery won the day.

(lt to rt) Callum, Tej and Tom.

Callum fires on TEj. (The only time the RN came out on top in any exchange of gun fire)

Callum on the receiving end again

The RN maintaining a tight fighting line but no no avail.

All broadside fired the game ended. No ships sunk but we RN chaps had to scurry off as we were very close to sinking.

A big thank you to the 2 young lads and to Tej and Callum who stayed longer than they should have as they rapidly ran to buy stuff from traders 5 minutes before the show closed.

Bligh
09-06-2015, 02:13
Great pictures Neil.
Thanks for posting.
I hope the young lads were racing off to buy Sails related items, just as I will be doing today I hope.
Rob.

Union Jack
09-06-2015, 03:17
Northumbria games had Aircraft on sail. It wasn't until we were packing the tables away from our bit that I walked past some other stuff they had, did a double take and came back to walk away with Victory and Constitution!

First show ever I didn't buy an aircraft, although I did buy some bases for Doncaster! (Does that count?)

Herkybird
09-06-2015, 07:19
Northumbria games had Aircraft on sail. It wasn't until we were packing the tables away from our bit that I walked past some other stuff they had, did a double take and came back to walk away with Victory and Constitution!

First show ever I didn't buy an aircraft, although I did buy some bases for Doncaster! (Does that count?)

And there was me thinking I did well getting Proserpine for my French!
I already have Victory and Constitution!!!!

Rafer J Larwood
09-06-2015, 11:00
What a productive day. We managed to have 2 Demo/Intro to SoG games and then 2 games with 4 willing punters.

Unfortunately the first game was with 2 young lads and neither were with their parents so we only took pics of the action.

A frigate action in which the two young lads took to with much gusto. Victory finally going to the French frigate Proserpine, HMS Sybille sinking beneath the waves.

Our second game was a 4 ship encounter. Tom and I took opposite sides and Tom was joined by Tej whilst Callum joined me sailing for the Royal Navy. I must say we maneuvered our ships brilliantly and for most of the game maintained a nice formation of 2 ships, the French were haphazzard and disordered but their gunnery won the day.

(lt to rt) Callum, Tej and Tom.

Callum fires on TEj. (The only time the RN came out on top in any exchange of gun fire)

Callum on the receiving end again

The RN maintaining a tight fighting line but no no avail.

All broadside fired the game ended. No ships sunk but we RN chaps had to scurry off as we were very close to sinking.

A big thank you to the 2 young lads and to Tej and Callum who stayed longer than they should have as they rapidly ran to buy stuff from traders 5 minutes before the show closed.

Don't know if its just me - can't see the pictures :(

Bligh
09-06-2015, 12:09

Well spotted Neil.:clap:
I spent a fruitless day at Partizan, without even getting near either of the ships or any of the terrain I was after.
Guess I'll have to wait until Castle Donnington and the World Champs. However, I did get a couple of books which I'll post here later on.
Rob.

Union Jack
09-06-2015, 12:54
I think there could be a problem somewhere in the wood work Chris. I'm wondering if my Fire Ship AAR has similar problems. Although I can see the pics here no problem at all.

Neil

Don't know if its just me - can't see the pictures :(

Bligh
09-06-2015, 13:40
The pictures look fine to me chaps.
Rob.