PDA

View Full Version : Ship Bases

Dobbs
09-02-2015, 05:06
I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but in an effort to make the models slide around less, I have taken 1/8" cork sheets and fit them under the bases.

Herkybird
09-02-2015, 12:57
As I play on a cloth covered table, the slipperiness is not a problem for me! I assume your cork fits within the base, rather than under it? I think the height of the bases is too great already!!! :shock:

Bligh
09-02-2015, 13:08
Any chance of a photo of the bases Dobbs?
Rob.

Dobbs
09-03-2015, 15:52
I'll try and take a photo soon. I just measured the interior space of a base and drilled a 1/4" hole or there-abouts for the base center. It fits into the base, and can be removed with a fingernail after play. I keep my ships in their original boxes, but not the movement cards, so I just store the cork in the slot where the cards used to go. When in place, the cork does not raise the bases by any noticeable amount. It is just thick enough to fill the underside of the bases and a hair's breadth more. I had wanted to use mousepad material, but couldn't find a source.

Bligh
09-04-2015, 02:02
You can get Mousemat Rubber here in the States Dobbs.

http://www.productionrubber.com/

Rob.

Union Jack
09-04-2015, 02:49
I play on a blue table covering fabric that is quite shiny and have no problems with ships slipping.