PDA

View Full Version : Game Advice Needed

7eat51
08-22-2015, 12:34
George (CelticCat) and I just finished playing our first game of Battle Cry - original edition. It was a blast, I must say, and I, for one, had to retool my thinking. No God-like vision from above, able to command all my troops to perfection, having all units fire each turn. For George, outside of WoG and SoG, this was his first wargame.

George wants to buy something similar to play with his son (15 years old). His son really enjoys space stuff. Can anyone recommend a game, preferably with miniatures, that has a space theme and a rule set as accessible as Battle Cry or Memoir 44 ? I thought Galaxy Defenders might be worth looking into, but I have never played it.

Thanks.

DeRuyter
08-24-2015, 14:08
X-Wing? More miniature game though.

What about "Space Hulk" the 40k board game? Could be pricy though.

Union Jack
08-25-2015, 12:22
Full Thrust was a cracking game. Don't know if you can still pick up the rules and minis for the various factions though.

David Manley
08-25-2015, 13:31
The rules are available free for download and the starship ranges from GZG have been revised and grown considerably since the originals many years ago :)

http://shop.groundzerogames.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=130

7eat51
08-25-2015, 13:36
Thank you for the input.

He has all the X-Wing stuff; I am not familiar with the other games, so I will take a gander.