PDA

View Full Version : HMS Indefatigable (1784) Langton minitures 1/1200

Redcoat
08-08-2015, 03:18
Other work, I hope you like her!

HMS Indefatigable was one of the Ardent class 64-gun third-rate ships-of-the-line designed by Sir Thomas Slade in 1761 for the Royal Navy. Though built as a ship-of-the-line, most of her active service took place after her conversion to a 44-gun heavy frigate. She had a long career under several distinguished commanders, serving throughout the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. She took, alone or in company, some 27 prizes and in 1847 the Admiralty authorised the issue of four clasps to the Naval General Service Medal to any still surviving members of her crews from the respective actions. She was broken up in 1816.

In 1794, she was razéed: her upper gun deck was cut away to convert her into a large and heavily armed frigate. The original intention was to retain her twenty-six 24-pounder guns on her gundeck, and mount eight 12-pounder guns on her quarterdeck, and a further four on her forecastle, which would have rated her as a 38-gun vessel. However, it was at this time that the carronade was becoming more popular in the Navy, and on 5 December 1794 her intended armament was altered with the addition of four 42-pounder carronades to go on her quarterdeck, and two on her forecastle. Along with Magnanime and Anson, which were converted at about the same time, Indefatigable was thereafter rated as a 44-gun fifth-rate frigate. The work was carried out at Portsmouth, at a cost of £8,764, from September 1794 to February 1795. On 17 February 1795, a further two 12-pounder guns were added to her quarterdeck, though her official rating remained unchanged.

source: Wikipedia

Greetings!

TexaS
08-08-2015, 08:54
Very beautiful ship Julián!

Kind of a favourite of mine...

Nightmoss
08-08-2015, 09:07
Another masterpiece! :thumbsup:

Julian, do you produce your ships ahead of orders or are most of your ships custom pieces ordered ahead of the finished model. I would imagine it's the latter to match customer desires.

Kentop
08-08-2015, 09:22
Beautiful. A masterpiece of the modeler's craft.

Redcoat
08-08-2015, 10:01
Another masterpiece! :thumbsup:

Julian, do you produce your ships ahead of orders or are most of your ships custom pieces ordered ahead of the finished model. I would imagine it's the latter to match customer desires.

Thank you Jim!
Normally I make boats on request. The client tells me the type of boat (hull color, type of sails, if you want it with accessories), the client can also send a photo to guide me.
There are cases where the customer does not give me much information (either through ignorance or because he has not found information). In that case I search information about the ship and I propose the model to my client.

If I have some time, I make some ship for stok but now I don't have any.

Redcoat
08-08-2015, 10:01
Very beautiful ship Julián!

Kind of a favourite of mine...

Thank you Jonas :drinks:

Redcoat
08-08-2015, 10:02
Beautiful. A masterpiece of the modeler's craft.

Thank you shir! :beer:

Nightmoss
08-08-2015, 11:02
Thank you Jim!
Normally I make boats on request. The client tells me the type of boat (hull color, type of sails, if you want it with accessories), the client can also send a photo to guide me.
There are cases where the customer does not give me much information (either through ignorance or because he has not found information). In that case I search information about the ship and I propose the model to my client.

If I have some time, I make some ship for stok but now I don't have any.

Thanks for that answer. It's what I would expect. I take it as a good sign that you don't have anything in stock meaning that your ships are moving well. :happy:

Bligh
08-19-2015, 13:28
Another beautiful presentation Julián.
You are truly the master of these constructions.
Your expertise never ceases to amaze me.
Rob.

Redcoat
08-20-2015, 14:28
Thank you Rob! :beer:

Loki 13
08-20-2015, 18:34
:beer: Well that's an amazing work of art. You know you are starting to make us all look bad. :beer: Just joking keep up the great work and keep posting them :beer:

7eat51
08-20-2015, 20:53
Another lovely ship. Well done, Julián. :hatsoff:

I like the bow shot; she looks like she is cutting through the water.

Union Jack
08-23-2015, 07:40
Another remarkable and beautifully crafted ship Julian.

Redcoat
08-23-2015, 16:18
Another remarkable and beautifully crafted ship Julian.

Thank you Neil! :wink:

Redcoat
08-23-2015, 16:18
Another lovely ship. Well done, Julián. :hatsoff:

I like the bow shot; she looks like she is cutting through the water.
Thank you Eric!

Cmmdre
08-23-2015, 16:37
Thank you for sharing such fantastic work with us. I really can appreciate all the hours you spend on your craft and your mastery of that craft is evident in these images. I'm sure seeing your work displayed in all it's glory first-hand in a complete battle would be more than I could handle. Hats off to you Julián. :hatsoff:

Redcoat
08-23-2015, 16:57
Thank you for sharing such fantastic work with us. I really can appreciate all the hours you spend on your craft and your mastery of that craft is evident in these images. I'm sure seeing your work displayed in all it's glory first-hand in a complete battle would be more than I could handle. Hats off to you Julián. :hatsoff:

Thank you Paul! :beer: