PDA

View Full Version : Missions?

Bligh
08-03-2015, 01:54
Are there any signs of the July and August missions on the horizon yet, as I have now caught up and only need to write up my June mission before I run out of things to do.
Rob.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 05:20
August is finished but I'll test it one more time as I've made a few changes.

I have no idea about July. I think no one had been assigned to make it.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 06:54
That's good then Jonas. For the first time I'm actually up to date.:clap:
Rob.

Union Jack
08-03-2015, 11:19
Posted a July scenario for those wanting to have a go.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 13:14
Good man.
Bligh.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 13:45
Posted Augusts scenario after half-succeeding in most peculiar way.

The Hothead boarded a third rate with 5 crew boxes left, from a burden 2 frigate with 6 crew boxes left and won! He won the fighting with one crew box left and one more crew damage than needed done to the Commerse de Bordeaux. The hothead was seriously wounded though. Not a complete win...

Nightmoss
08-03-2015, 16:25
Seeing as we are now up to August (thanks Jonas) I would like to suggest that the person(s) planning the "official" 2016 Solo Campaign start to standardize the rules we'll be using. As 2015 has been a test using primarily Basic Rules it's probably time to start adding in the rules we'd want for the official campaign? Many have already been using the more advanced rules, but lining stuff up now for what we'll be doing in 2016 is going to give those of us who have stuck with the Basic Rules a chance to start using them during the remainder of 2015.

Also, for what it's worth I got the impression at Gen Con that we'll be using French and British only. In other words, don't look for Wave 3 before 2016.

Bligh
08-04-2015, 02:45
I would be very upset if the rules for16 precluded using the odd Don, Prussian, Russian, or Swedish navies etc.
I know that some of our shipmates are painting fleets. I always like to think that scenarios are made open ended so that a variation of ships, nationalities and personal quirks in the interpretation of the games are possible.
Please don't straightjacket our creativity.
Rob.

Nightmoss
08-04-2015, 09:09
I would be very upset if the rules for16 precluded using the odd Don, Prussian, Russian, or Swedish navies etc.
I know that some of our shipmates are painting fleets. I always like to think that scenarios are made open ended so that a variation of ships, nationalities and personal quirks in the interpretation of the games are possible.
Please don't straightjacket our creativity.
Rob.

I agree, and it's the Spanish I was hoping to bring into play for the 2016 campaign. However, early on for 2014 and 2015 the easiest route for those who don't repaint, kitbash or mod ships was going English or French. I went privateer for this year, but that's basically French when you get right down to it.

Union Jack
08-04-2015, 09:59
I was thinking of the Swiss navy. A safe option.

Bligh
08-04-2015, 11:57

I would not bank on them making a big splash Neil.:cheezy: Note the Swiss cheesy grin.
Rob.

TexaS
08-04-2015, 12:27
What do you mean? The swiss navy would work out like clockwork.

Bligh
08-04-2015, 13:13
What do you mean? The swiss navy would work out like clockwork.

Yes Jonas, but who wants a Cuckoo clock on board? :shock:
Bligh.

Bos'n
08-06-2015, 06:52

Neil,

Let me explain this to you. The Swiss make knives, and cheese, and chocolate, and watches, and all kinds of stuff. You know the last Swiss guy that made a big boat, I think was a guy named Noah. He had to wait for a big flood to get the boat over the mountains, and then he had all kinds of trouble with animals and stuff. If you made a Swiss Big Boat you'd have to have a lot of rain to go with it.

I'm just say'n, you know.

Good luck with the boat, Neil. :minis::dazed::hmmm:

:beer::drinks::bleh: These guys are, "Singin' in the Rain." Don't ya just love it?

See ya on the seas. :thumbsup::wink:

Union Jack
08-06-2015, 09:17
Well with Switzerland surrounded by mountains I thought I'd flood the middle bit and just sail right over the dam, like the little fishies did.

Union Jack
08-09-2015, 02:09
OK, I think I've updated everyone's AAR details to the spreadsheet. Could players please check that:
a. I've not missed an AAR
b. The totals are correct
c. If any captains have hit 10 to choose their ability

Just as a quick note could players add the month of the scenario in their AAR title, it makes working out which one it is faster and aids geting the points into the correct column on the spreadsheet.

Cheers, Neil

TexaS
08-09-2015, 03:25
How do you count vp?

If two ships fire on the sae ship and make it strike together what captain gets the points?

It might not be as good for advancing captains, but would they get half each or as I guess from as noted, the highest ranking takes them?

Bligh
08-09-2015, 07:42
In the British Navy the Admiral should get half the points, and each ship in sight of the action shares the other half between them equally. Guess that is too difficult for keeping totals easily, so I should just share the points between the two participating Captains.
Rob.

Bligh
08-09-2015, 07:59
Just as a quick note could players add the month of the scenario in their AAR title, it makes working out which one it is faster and aids geting the points into the correct column on the spreadsheet.

Cheers, Neil

Mine seem to be up to date Neil.
Sorry for causing you more work.I will include the Month from now on rather than just the number.
Rob.

TexaS
08-09-2015, 10:18
Aha... Found this now...

Captain Santos: +1 sinking Vanguard/+1 Assist in sinking Royal Sovereign
Genereux Captain: +1 sinking Defence
Commerce de Bordeux Captain:+1 Assist in sinking Royal Sovereign
Dougay-Trouin Captain:+1 Assist insinking Royal Sovereign

Overall Commander(?): +3 points for winning.

I will update that for my captains in Who Fired the First Shot.

Union Jack
08-09-2015, 12:58
I have been reading throughout AARs and if you say this ship strikes to that ship and this ship Sam that ship then it is to those I have allocated the relevant points. As for the fleet scenario I gave the overall commander the 3 points for winning g if they got it.