PDA

View Full Version : AAR: Jan. Solo Campaign. Ok, its a little late.

Bos'n
08-01-2015, 13:13
After Action Report
To: Jonathon Young, Commodore

Re: The Action of July 27, 1795

Sir:
HMS Goliath chased the French Ship of the Line, 3rd rate, Le Berwick across the Irish Sea, around the shores of England and into the Channel. I was made aware of the precious cargo she carried and was determined to intercept her before she reached France.
On the evening of July 26th, a heavy fog set in and we lost contact with Le Berwick. During the night she changed course 180°, trying to loose us in the fog.15907
On the morning of July 27, 1795, with the wind from the south, we found Le Berwick, in irons, a cannon shot off our stern. We reversed our course, keeping the wind in our sails, and engaged her with a broadside raking into her bow.15909 The broadside caused some damage to her hull and sails.
Goliath continued a hard portside turn that for a mere moment put her against the wind. The crew executed a perfect tack, only to exchange fire with Le Berwick for the 1st time that morning.15914 While Le Berwick received some damage, Goliath’s damage was devastating to both hull and sails.
15915 As Goliath swung around, she was given yet another broadside from Le Berwick’s starboard side before we had time to reload. Again the damage was harsh causing our hull to leak below the waterline.
Le Berwick turned toward us trying to execute a starboard tack and got caught in irons, yet again.1591615917 During which time our two ships exchanged four more broadsides15918 causing so much damage to Goliath that we had to strike our colors.15919
While I received no injuries, it is with profound regret that I report severe damage to our ship and the failure of our mission.

With apologies to both you and His Majesty King George 111,

Isaac Chauncey

Captain Isaac Chauncey (P)/I don’t know. Would the French Capitaine Un Intelligence Artificielle take the time to capture the captain of Goliath or would he leave the area with his informants and their information for the crown? Would he secured his prize or looked to his duty and delivered his passengers to France? Capt. Chauncey is at their mercy. According to the scenario, the French ship immediately sail for home. Chauncey isn’t hurt at all, except for his pride. /Chauncey made what repairs he could and returned to his home port. He is ready to sail forth when his ship is fixed and provided for. This was no victory for him.

Capitaine Un Intelligence Artificielle (IA)/ Ship: Le Berwick /Capt. Unharmed? Victory over Capt. Chauncey and Goliath, July 27, 1795.

Bob :salute::surrender:

Union Jack
08-01-2015, 13:23
Well done Bob. A great pity that the Frenchman eluded you. I would think he would leave the area post haste and deliver his precious cargo.
He could always loose a boarding action!

Bligh
08-03-2015, 03:17
What a shame that things went crook after you made such a great start in reducing the Frenchie Bob.
Still it's just the fortunes of War I'm afraid and at least both Captain and ship live to fight another day.
Bligh.