PDA

View Full Version : AAR: Who fired the first shot - and wrote home about it.

TexaS
08-01-2015, 13:12

TexaS
08-01-2015, 13:14

TexaS
08-01-2015, 13:25
Northumberland was used for Impeteux

Diomede was used for Duguay-Trouin

TexaS
08-01-2015, 14:40
Commodore George Croft (P) / Returned to Port / Victory, forced 2 ships to strike, Imperial, and Jupiter that was lost to fire. (Superb)
Captain Frederick Wentworth (P) / Returned to Port / Victory, borded and captured Brave, shared in forcing Duguay-Trouin to strike. (Indefatigable)
Captain Edward Foster (P) / Returned to Port / Victory, Shared in forcing Imperial and Duguay-Trouin. (Impeteux)
Captain John Russel (P) / Returned to Port / Victory, Shared in forcing Duguay-Trouin. (Donegal)

Contre-amiral Alphonse Bissette (AI) / Captured / Lost (Imperial)
Capitaine de vaisseau, Charles-Leon Babineaux (AI) / Captured / Lost (Brave)
Capitaine de vaisseau, Theophile Durand (AI) / Captured or Killed? / Lost (Jupiter) Forgot to roll for captain.
Capitaine de vaisseau, Alex Lefranc (AI) / Captured / Lost (Duguay-Trouin/Diomede) Forgot to roll for captain.

Union Jack
08-01-2015, 16:29
Spreadsheet updated

Iron Outlaw
08-02-2015, 07:49
Jonas, those Ship Mats look interesting. Did you find them, or did you create them?

Cheers

TexaS
08-02-2015, 08:04
I made them in photoshop.

By the way, I made them specifically for the Battle of Santo Domingo 1806 and gave Superb and Northumberland the D deck so they would outrun the slower Agamemnon using a B deck. It didn't make that much difference but a little. During this battle all third rates used B decks. Impeteux used Northumberlands stats which are ordinary Téméraire as Commerce de Bordeaux. Superb used Ares original Impeteux's stats. It's adjusted after broadside weights for that scenario, but it can be a little confusing.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 01:54
Spreadsheet updated

There's a slight problem with the update.
It was may's scenario and it's put in april's slot.

The loosing French captains are not updated. I thought that with the peace all prisoners were exchanged. Are there any thoughts on exchanging captured captains during an ongoing war in the campaign? It did happen.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 03:08
:hatsoff: Another great AAR. Jonas.
Congratulations to all your Captains on achieving such a crushing victory.:clap:
Bligh.:salute:

TexaS
08-03-2015, 03:19
Thank you.

When I switched to using the AI after the first broadside, all French ships turned into the British and all but the first rate took a beating. First fire is important in SoG. It's hard to come back after having your fire power downgraded by incoming fire.

The first rates may not have much higher gun factors, but they are better at breaking lines due to still having firepower after taking hits.

I was a little careful not to loose Donegal when she was heavily damaged early on and let her "hide" for a bit.

I'm glad you could read it. I was a little afraid it would be hard to do with the font.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 03:39
The font was not too easy but the size you did it at made a great difference.
Size does mean a lot.
Rob.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 04:56
It's a period handwriting font so it was too fitting to ignore. I made sure it would be large enough to read at least.

It turns out these forums limit any picture to 800 pixels in any direction so I had to split the pictures up to keep the size. At least I've learnt some things about posting here. Not more than about ten or so attachments in a single post and pictures bigger than 800x800 gets scaled down.

And thank you for the reputation. :salute:

Union Jack
08-03-2015, 05:17
April to May Sorted French Captains amended

Neil

There's a slight problem with the update.
It was may's scenario and it's put in april's slot.

The loosing French captains are not updated. I thought that with the peace all prisoners were exchanged. Are there any thoughts on exchanging captured captains during an ongoing war in the campaign? It did happen.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 05:23
Thank you very much for your work!

Is this something you do or something I should do? I'm not entirely sure about the administration bits around the campaign.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 06:52
It's a period handwriting font so it was too fitting to ignore. I made sure it would be large enough to read at least.

It turns out these forums limit any picture to 800 pixels in any direction so I had to split the pictures up to keep the size. At least I've learnt some things about posting here. Not more than about ten or so attachments in a single post and pictures bigger than 800x800 gets scaled down.

And thank you for the reputation. :salute:

I have not found a limit on numbers of pictures in a post. Only if you take longer than half an hour to return the post, the pictures time out, so you loose the first few and have to reinstall them.
That is why I do my intro and Butchers bill separate postings to cut down time.
I always run my pictures through a reduction program on Photoshop for E-mailing or posting. It only takes a minute or two to do the lot.
The thing I find most annoying here is only being able to download one picture at a time from my Computer. On the Drome I can do them all in one go. That is why I sometimes run out of time.
Rob.

TexaS
08-03-2015, 07:06
Aha. It's a time limitation! I thought it was the number of pictures.

That's the reason I get different maximum number. I though it was size or something, but I didn't bother to add sizes.

I usually crop them in photoshop too (and add names), for this kind of report, but have found out how easy it was to just upload them directly from the phone when working on a ship or some such.

Bligh
08-03-2015, 08:50
Glad I could help there Jonas. Although it don't take the problem away at least it gives you strategies to get around it.
Rob.

Union Jack
08-03-2015, 11:21
I'm just helping Eric out as he's busy.

Neil
Thank you very much for your work!

Is this something you do or something I should do? I'm not entirely sure about the administration bits around the campaign.

Nightmoss
08-07-2015, 15:00
Another great AAR, Jonas. There was a lot of activity while I was away at Gen Con. Nice photography, description and period fonts!! :thumbsup: :salute:

TexaS
08-07-2015, 15:22
Thank you. Yes, Rob, Neil and I held the line. Flew our colors high.

Welcome back and a pity there were no news from Ares. I had hoped for at least some rumors.

And thank you for the reputation!