PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania: Philadelphia group

tgalante
07-16-2015, 10:07
So, I have been hearing from a few places there is a group playing SoG in Philadelphia. Does anyone know anyone in the group? Is it like fight club and it's something we don't talk about? Just thought I'd ask.

DeRuyter
07-16-2015, 12:36
Actually I play with a group in Delaware, just south of Wilmington. DAWGS: Delaware Area Wargamers. There is a yahoo group for it. There is also a group that hosts game days in Essington or at Showcase Comics in Swarthmore. They are the same group that puts on NJCON. There is also a gaming group in the area called The Rogues, but I am not sure whether they play SoG.

When I lived in center city I used to game at the Compleat Strategist on Walnut street but that store is long gone. I am out of touch with the scene in the city at the moment.

Are you located in Philly?

tgalante
07-16-2015, 17:00
Yup, I live in manayunk and work in center city

DeRuyter
07-17-2015, 09:14
Cool. I grew up in the Rittenhouse square area. Last time I was in Manayunk I was riding my bike up the wall !

If you ever get out to the HMGS conventions in Lancaster I often run SoG games. Usually I would be at Historicon in Fredericksburg this week, but I traded that show off for a trip to Waterloo this year.

Maybe we could meet up for a SoG game sometime. I will certainly let you know the next time we are running it in Delaware.