PDA

View Full Version : Damage markers

hamlrt
07-15-2015, 23:30
Hello there , I have a question about damage markers , playing a solo game tonight to try and learn the rules
The Aquilon vs. Constitution
The Aquilon has taken all crew hits , the track is completely full .... Does she strike her colours or can I carry on ?
The constitution has taken a 6 damage token , which fills a damage box..do I place another marker ( as the rules say a 5 damage fils the box) , then the ship took another 6 damage token .
Hope this can be sorted
Thanks john

Bligh
07-16-2015, 01:57
As I read it you put damage tokens in up to the total, but if you have one which takes you above that total, you use it and just lose the extra points.
Rob.

Nightmoss
07-16-2015, 08:42
In addition to Rob's point any time you pull a chit draw that equals the burden of the ship it immediately fills a box even if you move to the right of a box that's not completely full. You will work back to fill the box that's not yet full using the highest chit draws that don't equal or exceed the burden and working down from there.

Any damage that hits the last box in a row, either causes the ship to surrender (crew) or sink (hull) (unless you're using special Captain abilities).

hamlrt
07-16-2015, 14:05
Hi there , thanks a lot for clearing that up . Sorry one more question on the range ruler on the musketry part of the ruler. Why is it marked in increments ?
One not so important but annoying thing , on the wind attitude " selector" , I assume it's supposed to spin to randomly select wind attitude .....well mine doesn't spin so well and I know I've assembled it correctly.

Amran
07-16-2015, 18:13
Hi there , thanks a lot for clearing that up . Sorry one more question on the range ruler on the musketry part of the ruler. Why is it marked in increments ?
One not so important but annoying thing , on the wind attitude " selector" , I assume it's supposed to spin to randomly select wind attitude .....well mine doesn't spin so well and I know I've assembled it correctly.

The backside of the ruler is just for general use I believe, such as using it to measure which ship is closer. The wind dial also shouldn't spin freely, random wind direction is determined using the various wind counters shown on p41-p43 of the rule book.

7eat51
07-17-2015, 09:30
As to the crew hit question, once each crew box is filled, the ship is removed from the game unless you're playing with alternate rules that allow some form of crew transfer from one ship to another. So either hull damage or crew damage can end a ship tenure in a given engagement.