PDA

View Full Version : AAR--April Solo Scenario--Against The Wind--Backed Into A Corner

Nightmoss
06-24-2015, 14:10
This was a challenge and reminded me how much I hate sailing against the wind. It's difficult enough with one ship, but having to maneuver 3 ships in the same situation boggles the mind. I apologize if I got things wrong, also for the poor and missing photos. I don't have a playing surface large enough for two mats side by side so I was forced onto the floor. With recent outpatient surgery this got to be a tad much. In any case here it is:

After 17 turns on the floor and the destruction of the Crimson Revenge I wasn't going to spend an equal (or more) number of turns trying to maneuver the Genereux off the map successfully. If you wish to take away that 1 point that's fine. I'll be more than content with 1 point for sinking the CR.

Captain Brian Coineagan (P) Returned to port. Three rolls for crew moral potentially injuring the Coineagan. He survived unscathed. One victory point for sinking the Crimson Revenge. One victory point for Genereux?
Captain ? / Genereux (P) Returned to port.
Captain ? / Aquilon (P) Status unknown; off the edge of the world.
Captain ? / Crimson Revenge (AI). Status unknown

Bligh
06-27-2015, 02:42
:salute:A very courageous action by both the captain and yourself Jim. Playing on the floor with back trouble goes beyond the call of duty. I take my hat off to you Frenchman. :hatsoff:Also for removing a potential threat to both our Navies.:smack: congratulations.:medal:
Bligh.

spiessbuerger
06-27-2015, 03:02
:salute:A very courageous action by both the captain and yourself Jim. Playing on the floor with back trouble goes beyond the call of duty. I take my hat off to you Frenchman. :hatsoff:Also for removing a potential threat to both our Navies.:smack: congratulations.:medal:
Bligh.

I agree. Looks like it was hard work for all. Well done

And I love the title: Backed in A Corner :thumbsup:
Sailing against the wind is difficult in Sails of Glory (as you can also experience in my June-Scenario)

Union Jack
06-28-2015, 16:27
Well done sir for an enjoyable AAR. Great read, nice pics of the action too. Hope your knees recover soon.