PDA

View Full Version : Before action report

Rafer J Larwood
06-20-2015, 17:31
Normally one posts one's AARs and waxes lyrical about the ebb and flow of the battle etc. Alas I haven't actually had a battle yet but have had a good play with the box and all its goodies. My spare counter set has also arrived. Only issue now is what to do with all the pieces / counters/ chits etc?

Once combined with the extra set that is one hell of a lot of chits...

Aah what's this I have lying around? business card boxes, nice tight fitting lids and just the right size

Looks promising.. thats A-E damage and the 'brown ones' (haven't got that far in the rule book yet - think they are special damage or something)

On go the lids - all secure and tidy - just need something to put them in

Oh look a handy wooden port bottle box - seems quite apt as well as quite useful

Just the right size for the 6 counter/chit boxes, with room for the ship logs and range sticks

Slide the lid on and all done - very nice and tidy

All that's left to do is find a glass and polish off the bottle that was in the box - cheers gentlemen

All I need now is a chance to play the damn game, lol

Rafer J Larwood
06-20-2015, 17:38
Sorry chaps damn photo's won't upload, not quite sure why

Rafer J Larwood
06-20-2015, 17:38

Still not doing it- for some reason only the basic uploader is accessible and that is not bringing the image over.

Nightmoss
06-20-2015, 19:07
I saw them and they're great!! Thanks for sharing the photos and the ideas. I wonder if the chits might take on any scent from the box? That could be a plus? :happy:

Kentop
06-20-2015, 20:23
Grog boxes make great counter holders. Cheers.

7eat51
06-20-2015, 20:33
Great set up, Chris. :thumbsup:

Port is one of my favorite drinks. I am a bit partial to Tawny, but I enjoy the whole family.

John Paul
06-21-2015, 01:11
An excellent choice, Sir!! :hatsoff:

Both in choice of beverage and storage!!

Rafer J Larwood
06-21-2015, 01:25
OK so why can't I see my own photo's when you chaps can? any ideas?

Union Jack
06-21-2015, 01:50
Photos are spot on Chris. Perhaps glasses to see with not look out of the bottom of would suffice?

Rafer J Larwood
06-21-2015, 03:07
Photos are spot on Chris. Perhaps glasses to see with not look out of the bottom of would suffice?

Lol good point, but not helping Neil, maybe I need to check my setting etc. Not had this issue on Wings ... ok hang on NOW it decides to appear as an attached image (but at least I can see it)

Union Jack
06-21-2015, 03:19
You might need a few extra boxes to separate the special damage chits from each other. It's a long slog sorting through for the right ones when the action hots up.

Rafer J Larwood
06-21-2015, 03:52
Thanks shipmate - I have a few branch visits scheduled so will raid the stockrooms and offices

Nightmoss
06-21-2015, 09:38
Turns out I can see the photos on my pc, but not on my tablet? Not sure how or why that can be, but just wanted to let you know.

Naharaht
06-21-2015, 19:58
Good ideas, Chris! :thumbsup:

Gunner
06-21-2015, 22:52
Chris, where did you get the business card boxes?:beer:

7eat51
06-22-2015, 00:17
OK so why can't I see my own photo's when you chaps can? any ideas?

Because you're drinking port.

Sometimes, I have difficulty uploading and seeing images, as well. I don't fully understand the platform.

How many ships do you plan on using, typically? Because I use laminated ship logs and replace chits after each turn, I don't have problems. I wonder, though, how many sets of chits, especially A and B, are needed to adequately handle larger engagements. Anyone with such experience?

Chris, I think you'll appreciate post #18 here (http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2129-Storage-and-Boxes).

Bligh
06-22-2015, 04:52
Never mind all the banter you fellows.
The key question is do you need any help with the Port Chris?
Remember I'm only half an hour down the road.:wink:
Bligh.

Rafer J Larwood
06-22-2015, 05:36
Chris, where did you get the business card boxes?:beer:

I work in banking (yeah, I know... please don't ban me just because of that) and many of our staff (branch based and office based) use business cards with their customers.
They always seem to be delivered in these brilliant little flexible plastic (i.e. they dont snap or break) boxes.
Anytime I am visiting a branch I have a quick check round offices and stock rooms there are always some to be found somewhere. Also very useful in tool boxes for screws / nails /bits etc.

Rafer J Larwood
06-22-2015, 05:38
Because you're drinking port.

Sometimes, I have difficulty uploading and seeing images, as well. I don't fully understand the platform.

How many ships do you plan on using, typically? Because I use laminated ship logs and replace chits after each turn, I don't have problems. I wonder, though, how many sets of chits, especially A and B, are needed to adequately handle larger engagements. Anyone with such experience?

Chris, I think you'll appreciate post #18 here (http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2129-Storage-and-Boxes).

Thanks Eric, very useful ( I will avoid the port next time I seek to upload photos - well I will have to as I have run out, lol)

Rafer J Larwood
06-22-2015, 05:39
Never mind all the banter you fellows.
The key question is do you need any help with the Port Chris?
Remember I'm only half an hour down the road.:wink:
Bligh.

Thanks for the offer Rob, I will bera that in mind when I find myself with a surplus, lol

7eat51
06-22-2015, 09:05
I was up to the wee hours working last night. This evening, opening a bottle of port sounds just right. I will raise a glass to all of you.