PDA

View Full Version : Illinois: Game Day July 11

lewk
06-16-2015, 18:14
I host two game days a year. This summer it is July 11 in NW Evanston, Illinois.
Although the day is mostly board games (euro style), I hope to get enough interest this time to run a SoG (possibly w/merchantmen).
Contact me if you would be interested in attending for details.

July 11, Evanston Illinois. SoG would likely start around 2-4.
lewk1700@comcast.net

Nightmoss
06-16-2015, 23:12
Hello Kenneth. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Anchorage! :salute:

7eat51
06-17-2015, 01:09
Hi Kenneth,

Are you a member of the Aerodrome? If not, I will post this there as well.

I'm not sure if we can make the 11th, but I told some friends in Milwaukee about this. We gather periodically in Rockford and Aurora for WoG days, and it would be great to expand to SoG.

lewk
06-17-2015, 09:37
Thanks... I will be sure to let you all know about Gaming Hoopla, a spring/fall gamecon near Milwaukee that raises $$ for Am cancer Soc. I have run games for them in the past and will continue to do so. There often is WoG.

BTW I prefer Canvas Eagles to WoG and have the planes/stands to run that as well.

7eat51
06-17-2015, 09:45
We, definitely, would be interested in the fundraiser.

Prefer Canvas Eagles to WoG? I hope you enjoyed your stay here. :wink:

7eat51
06-17-2015, 09:46
How far are you from Foster and Clark?

Gotham Resident
06-18-2015, 07:25
I host two game days a year. This summer it is July 11 in NW Evanston, Illinois.
Although the day is mostly board games (euro style), I hope to get enough interest this time to run a SoG (possibly w/merchantmen).
Contact me if you would be interested in attending for details.

July 11, Evanston Illinois. SoG would likely start around 2-4.
lewk1700@comcast.net

lol. I usually host 1 game day a year (but in NJ), and I was looking at the same weekend! :thumbsup:

lewk
06-20-2015, 06:47
Foster and Clark is just South of Evanston (it is in an area called Andersonville where we go to eat a lot!!! Andies, Hamburger Mary's, Lady Gregory, Calos etc...

It would take about 1/2 hour to drive from there to Northminster Church when KenCon is.

It that where you live?

lewk
06-20-2015, 06:48
Good luck, I doubt we will have people with conflicting interests...great to see so many people sharing this great hobby.

7eat51
06-20-2015, 06:59
Foster and Clark is just South of Evanston (it is in an area called Andersonville where we go to eat a lot!!! Andies, Hamburger Mary's, Lady Gregory, Calos etc...

It would take about 1/2 hour to drive from there to Northminster Church when KenCon is.

It that where you live?

I'm from the Southside (85th and then 63rd and Kedzie), but I have been eating at Reza's since the mid '80s, when it was a little cafe on Berwyn. There was a great little Middle Eastern restaurant a block away at which my buddies and I dined the night before I left for Basic Training. We'll be at Reza's a week from now for lunch.

lewk
06-20-2015, 07:06
We used to eat at Reza's but it was closed once so we tried ANdies right next door and have never gone back to Reza's.

Lady Gregory's right across the street is great english pub food and I hear the beer selection is great (never got into the taste of beer so this is just what I heard.)

7eat51
06-20-2015, 08:47
I have not eaten at Andies, but will do so this summer based on your recommendation.

I have tried hundreds of beers from around the world, and during the past few years, quite a few from friends who brew. I have yet to taste one I wanted more than a taste. I enjoy beer in doughs, desserts, milkshakes, but not as a solitary beverage. I do enjoy a good cider.

Naharaht
07-10-2015, 23:13
Welcome to the Anchorage, Kenneth. Here's wishing you a successful day's gaming today.:minis:

7eat51
07-12-2015, 10:53
Hi Kenneth,

How did the day go yesterday?