PDA

View Full Version : First game at the club

TroubleAtTMill
05-18-2015, 16:32
At about 2 hours notice, moreover, when our umpire for our LAND Napoleonic campaign called off sick at 5:30pm: I got to umpire four players in a demo game, which considering I hadn't played it yet...

http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/battle-report-18th-may-2015-sails-of.html

(Apologies for the link - it's late and I don't think my brain or eyes will cope with reformatting the blog post again for the forum! Suffice it to say? SOLD. Great game. Everyone loved it. Advanced rules all the way, massive props to Elrohir and Steve "The Chart Guy" for the reference sheet and several folks for YouTube gameplay videos, without which I would have been completely at a loss.)

7eat51
05-19-2015, 08:38
Well done, Mike. :hatsoff:

Nice advertisement for the site. :thumbsup:

I ran the SoG games at Origins last year. We played without most of the advanced rules; folks had quite a lot of fun. Interesting how people can have varying experiences. I think that is one of the positives about the game's design; it can cater to different audience needs and desires. One thing, too, about Origins: we have limited time slots, and, hence, a narrower set of rules accommodates such play, especially among newbies, quite nicely.

Naharaht
05-19-2015, 09:17
Well done, Mike! :thumbsup: It is good that you were able to step in at the last moment.

Popsical
05-19-2015, 11:38
Well done Mike, i shall be introducing SoG to a club near me soon, i hope it goes as well as yours did. :medal:

Herkybird
05-19-2015, 12:40
I myself was 'brought on board' with S.O.G. when Steve Spence, an occasional visitor to our club, brought along his ships and rules. We had a great time and I was doomed to invest in my own fleets, write solo rules and put on my own games at the club and at home! :drinks:

Well done for bringing more lucky people into the world of 'Sails'! :thumbsup:

Comte de Brueys
05-19-2015, 17:10
Nice AAR, Mike. :salute:

John Paul
05-20-2015, 18:44
Excellent work, Mike!! Way to step up and fill the gap!! Hope you inspire others in the group to be as dedicated, and pick up on SoG along the way!!

Bligh
08-06-2015, 13:59
Sounds just like my very first game Mike.
I got creamed by Christophe in a two on two.
Raked in the first pass, and hit from both sided simultaneously neither of my ships recovered from that first onslaught.
Well done for stepping up to the plate at such short notice.
Bligh.