PDA

View Full Version : solo missions

CSherrange
05-13-2015, 07:31
I've been away a couple of weeks, I'm going to complete the march mission this weeked. Are there any additional missions out there currently (April or May). Would like to get them wrapped up as well.

7eat51
05-20-2015, 19:43
Hi Charles,

We're quite behind on all things solo. During the past few months, life greatly interrupted my gaming; apparently, it did not get my memo.

I am wrapping up the semester, and with summer break about to begin, I will have much more time to put toward the solo campaign, roster bookkeeping, etc. I will fill in any needed scenarios during June to catch us up to that point.

If anyone wants to write solo scenarios, please let me know.

If anyone wants to join the solo campaign, please let me know.

TexaS
05-21-2015, 02:59
I'll make one for after or late summer.

I've started it, but have to test it out a couple of times first. I've been busy arranging everything for the Battle of San Domingo I held on LinCon, but it was very well worth it. I especially liked one of the players saying "It's more fun than X-Wing." :happy:

Mark Kaiser
05-21-2015, 03:06
Hi Charles,

We're quite behind on all things solo. During the past few months, life greatly interrupted my gaming; apparently, it did not get my memo.

I am wrapping up the semester, and with summer break about to begin, I will have much more time to put toward the solo campaign, roster bookkeeping, etc. I will fill in any needed scenarios during June to catch us up to that point.

If anyone wants to write solo scenarios, please let me know.

If anyone wants to join the solo campaign, please let me know.
Hey Eric, been tossing around the idea of making a solo scenario entitled "Fire And Ice", about the battle of Mackinaw Island. Will figure out specs as I have time, but involves stealth, rocky shoreline, floating movable ice, fog, and ground and naval engagements. Should be good.

7eat51
05-21-2015, 08:05
Sounds great, Mark.

Our desire is to have a whole year's worth of scenarios, so you can fill in any month starting with June.

Have you looked over the solo campaign and scenarios?

7eat51
05-21-2015, 08:07
Hi Jonas,

Would you like to take August?

More fun than X-Wing - that is high praise. I look forward to the day when I see someone put down Magic in favor of SoG (or any wargame for that matter).

TexaS
05-21-2015, 08:24
I'll take August. As soon as I know what to name it I'll let you know.

Yes, I thought so too. I've only tried X-Wing for two battles, but I found the game in itself less challenging than SoG, but the world of Star Wars is very attractive. Though somehow I think Sog captures the feel a little better than X-Wing. The way to make variations by having loads of special traits or abilities were not very Star Warsy and easy to forget when playing. When I faced a lone B-Wing with loads of specials with my three tie fighters (one of wich was an ace pilot and all good) it turned out that my best tactic was to make sure he collided with one of my ties every turn. It got very silly and since he always turned the dice for what ever reason it felt like I could never do any real damage. That is a lot better in SoG.

Magic on the other hand, I think is a lost cause.

7eat51
05-21-2015, 08:29
I played X-Wing once, and I found the differences between that and WoG enough to give it a different feel. I am not into Star Wars or space stuff, so the theme doesn't grab me. Fortunately, the folks I played with were more about having a good time than power-gaming, so the experience was enjoyable.

Magic, Heroclix, and Warhammer seem to be the frontrunners as to game play in our area - maybe D&D and Pathfinder as well, especially with the society play.

Mark Kaiser
05-21-2015, 11:27
Sounds great, Mark.

Our desire is to have a whole year's worth of scenarios, so you can fill in any month starting with June.

Have you looked over the solo campaign and scenarios?
Indeed, a few. To get the gist of it. Being from Dungeon Master of Old stock, I wish to put a little random cause and effect effort into it. And of course, the devils in the details.

TexaS
05-21-2015, 15:12
I wouldn't complain too much over Warhammer gamers. I used to be one back in the 80ies.

7eat51
05-21-2015, 15:50
No complaints about Warhammer players, or any game for that matter. Folks seem to enjoy it. I recently spoke to two guys playing at our FLGS; I try sitting in a session this summer.

Nightmoss
05-29-2015, 16:10
Eric, are there any plans to back fill the months of April and May? I haven't sailed my own of March yet, but I hope to do so at some point. As this was a test year for the solo campaign it's probably not imperative anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

Union Jack
05-29-2015, 16:53
My apologies to one and all but reality and life have stopped me from doing much on either site. Eric looking forward to Sails at Origins. Things are looking better gaming wise after Origins so I should be catching up with solo missions.

Hope to see some of you at Origins.

Neil

Nightmoss
05-29-2015, 17:14
My apologies to one and all but reality and life have stopped me from doing much on either site. Eric looking forward to Sails at Origins. Things are looking better gaming wise after Origins so I should be catching up with solo missions.

Hope to see some of you at Origins.

Neil

Real life always takes priority, but in any case I don't think you've missed much solo mission wise? March was the last one posted and there's been a lull since then.

Enjoy Origins! Cheers!

spiessbuerger
06-01-2015, 12:33
it's a "peacefull time" for the solo campaign at the moment. :drinks:
But I'm sure not for ever :takecover: (I have a new solo mission in planning. But not enough time to bring it final at the moment)

Bligh
06-18-2015, 06:00
Any sign of a new mission on the horizon me hearties.
My ships are tired of blockading these Frenchies in their ports.:sad:
Bligh.

Nightmoss
06-18-2015, 06:31
Any sign of a new mission on the horizon me hearties.
My ships are tired of blockading these Frenchies in their ports.:sad:
Bligh.

I believe we have some volunteers for June and maybe August? It would be nice to fill in the gaps of April and May as well, but no one stepped forward to do that as far as I know? I think real life has contributed to less activity in the solo campaign? It has for me certainly as I just now finished March.

7eat51
06-18-2015, 06:52
Life has certainly got in the way of gaming. I have a writing deadline on Sunday, but I will have sometime next week during which I can write a scenario or two. I'll commit to one. Can someone else do the same?

Bligh
06-18-2015, 09:19
I believe we have some volunteers for June and maybe August? It would be nice to fill in the gaps of April and May as well, but no one stepped forward to do that as far as I know? I think real life has contributed to less activity in the solo campaign? It has for me certainly as I just now finished March.

Time to March on then Jim.
Someone May come forward, but we could be waiting for some August member of the Anchorage to step in.:wink:
Rob.

7eat51
06-18-2015, 09:26
Maybe someone named April or June.

Bligh
06-18-2015, 13:51
Maybe someone named April or June.

We can only pray for that Eric.
Rob.

Union Jack
06-19-2015, 08:31
I'll step up to the plate for missing BRF'S. Just let me know which ones and they shall be done.

UJ.

7eat51
06-19-2015, 08:53
Hey Neil,

If you take April, I will take May, and I believe Jim was working on March. That will catch up to the current month.

Bligh
06-19-2015, 09:40
Looks like we are in for a fine old time then during the coming months gents.
rob.

Nightmoss
06-19-2015, 09:51
Hey Neil,

If you take April, I will take May, and I believe Jim was working on March. That will catch up to the current month.

March has been live for some time. It starts at post #10 here: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3119-March-s-Solo-Mission-Duty-and-Daring

Bligh
06-19-2015, 11:28
Yes I played that one before we left for the States just to get me up to date.
Rob.

7eat51
06-19-2015, 19:51
I will update the solo campaign thread on Monday. If anyone wants to volunteer to write a scenario, please indicate what month you would like to take. Someone already volunteered for August or September.

Union Jack
06-20-2015, 02:41
I'll get April posted soon.

Neil

Union Jack
06-20-2015, 02:42
Just as an aside it looks like with all the scenarios being posted as played the campaign is beginning to pick up momentum.

Bligh
06-20-2015, 03:25
I am looking forward to the next installment Neil.
Rob.

7eat51
06-20-2015, 05:17
Just as an aside it looks like with all the scenarios being posted as played the campaign is beginning to pick up momentum.

I will update the Excel sheet with outcomes on Monday, as well. I submit a major writing project on Sunday that has me pre-occupied at the moment. On Monday, this will be my way of relaxing.

7eat51
06-20-2015, 06:45
I updated post #6 on the solo campaign thread, indicating the scenario writers: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2978-2015-Solo-Campaign-Rules.

We need someone new to write for July. August is covered by Jonas.

I will take care of other record keeping on Monday.

Nightmoss
07-03-2015, 09:18
Having just finished my June AAR for the solo campaign I'm wondering if someone has taken July. Eric indicated he would do May, but maybe he's got other priorities with the site, etc. Jonas has August. Just curious to know where we might be at for the missing months and the remainder of the year. Thanks!

P.S. I just read Eric's post above with his link to the updated schedule.

Loki 13
07-03-2015, 19:14
:beer: WOW that was a great AAR . Very nicely made. Love the look of it. :beer: CHEERS !!!! :drinks:

Bos'n
07-05-2015, 17:08
Real life always takes priority, but in any case I don't think you've missed much solo mission wise? March was the last one posted and there's been a lull since then.

Enjoy Origins! Cheers!

Hey Jack,

I thought SoG was real life and the rest of it was just a nightmare. :shock::dazed: Are you trying to burst my bubble? :question:

Bob :salute:

Nightmoss
07-05-2015, 18:16
Hey Jack,

I thought SoG was real life and the rest of it was just a nightmare. :shock::dazed: Are you trying to burst my bubble? :question:

Bob :salute:

Everything's a dream. We're living in the Matrix and don't even know it? :shock: :rum:

Bligh
07-06-2015, 01:19
:salute: In that case maties, all I can say is dream on.:sleep::minis::sleep:
Bligh.:clap:

Union Jack
07-06-2015, 06:56
Ah, perchance to dream.......

TexaS
07-06-2015, 08:47
There's the rub, for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come. :happy:

7eat51
07-06-2015, 09:22
I have been summoned to jury duty, so I am working extra long hours in preparation for being out for a week or more from work. Neil has offered to step in for May's scenario, and I am taking him up on his offer. This will enable me to attend to admin duties and post some nonsense each day. Thanks Neil.

Bligh
07-06-2015, 09:28
Is this some dastardly plot to get us Eric.
The Judiciary of both our Nations seem hell bent on removing the Administration team from both sites for periods of service.
I think GCHQ are behind this.:wink: or could it perchance be enemy action?:takecover:
Bligh.

7eat51
07-06-2015, 09:35
I think you're right, Rob. I get called for jury duty often. Most of my friends seldom, if ever, get called. I have served on criminal and civil cases ranging from one day to two weeks. I am glad to support the process, though, and I have found during deliberations emotions too often take precedence over assessing the facts as presented in light of the law, so, again, I am happy to serve.

Bligh
07-06-2015, 10:30
I thought for a moment you said Emoticons take over Eric.:cry::embarass::shock::wink:

Rob.

TexaS
07-06-2015, 10:31
Ready to play April and June...

Hope for time tomorrow...

7eat51
07-06-2015, 11:15
Very nice setup, Jonas.

I thought for a moment you said Emoticons take over Eric.

So you have met some of my fellow jurors. :wink:

Nightmoss
07-06-2015, 12:24
Very nice setup Jonas. I can tell you right now it's best to stay away from shore as best you can!!

TexaS
07-06-2015, 13:30
Thank you for the advice. I just read your AAR and understand why.
I'm thinking of using the Indie since I've used her before and built the story around her, but I haven't got a points value making it a little harder. She's also got a faster deck which might be a disadvantage even though it might be countered by tighter turns. I don't want to change the scenario too much, but Matthias graciously left options to the player...

Hard decisions. :hmmm:

Bligh
07-07-2015, 02:05
Very nice setup, Jonas.

So you have met some of my fellow jurors. :wink:

I think they come as a standard pack at most trials Eric.
Rob.

Bligh
07-07-2015, 02:09
:salute:That coastal set up and harbour is something to which I can only aspire in my dreams Jonas.:sleep:
If I owned that I would be in paradise!:pray:
Rob.:hatsoff:

TexaS
07-07-2015, 10:36
Thank you rob!

I am pleased with how they tuned out. I'm just missing the palm trees and it truly would be a tropical paradise. Bring your own umbrella drinks.

Very nice setup Jonas. I can tell you right now it's best to stay away from shore as best you can!!

I tried to keep it in mind but alas... I failed to avoid the beaches completely and what damage they do... :embarass::cry:

Union Jack
07-11-2015, 11:15
The roster orbat sheet has been updated with all scenarios played and posted to date.

If anyone thinks I have missed anything please PM me.

Neil

7eat51
07-12-2015, 10:51
Thank you, Neil. :beer:

Nightmoss
07-12-2015, 11:21
Orbat? Are you referring to the Google sheets document that Eric originally set up? I can't check at the moment as I'm on another computer and I don't recall the Google login/password. I wonder if we could save that document here in the files section so it could be accessed via the site?

7eat51
07-12-2015, 11:34
Jim, have you tried clicking the link to the page? Does doing so require a password to enter?

Nightmoss
07-12-2015, 14:51
Jim, have you tried clicking the link to the page? Does doing so require a password to enter?

Eric, if you're referring to the link in post #5 from the thread below, yes clicking on it takes you to a Google page that requires an email and password to proceed. "Player Rosters and Records"

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2978-2015-Solo-Campaign-Rules

Bligh
07-12-2015, 15:48
I just tried it and it is telling me to create an account.
Rob.

Nightmoss
07-17-2015, 17:42
Whoever fixed the roster list to open on clicking thank you! :thumbsup:

Bligh
07-19-2015, 14:10
Afraid I still can't get it.
Rob.

Nightmoss
07-19-2015, 14:26
Afraid I still can't get it.
Rob.

Sorry, Rob. It's still working for me? :question:

Nightmoss
07-25-2015, 09:34
Neil has informed me that Angus Remmington is due a 'promotion' with the award of a second captain ability. He has Charismatic Captain (CC) now, so lets go with Aiminig Captain (AC) as the second ability. Thanks!

Union Jack
07-25-2015, 11:05
Spreadsheet updated Jim.

7eat51
07-25-2015, 12:03
Neil, thanks for all your help with the solo campaign lately. A nice way to reach your 300th post. :salute:

Bligh
07-25-2015, 13:17
Congrats on your 300th Neil.
To the grog shop.
Bligh.:drinks:

Union Jack
07-25-2015, 13:19
Hadn't realised. Thanks Eric, Rob. To the grog shop it is then for some nice Madiera this time.

Nightmoss
07-25-2015, 14:10
Hadn't realised. Thanks Eric, Rob. To the grog shop it is then for some nice Madiera this time.

Congrats on 300, Neil. :drinks: :rum:

Union Jack
07-26-2015, 14:53
An idea:

Abstract repair of damage to ship and crew loss rules:
Only count damage and crew casualties over 50%. All damage and crew loss under 50% is repaired/replaced automatically.
1. Hull damage:
1st rates for every 3 hull boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -1 ability point to repair
2nd rates for every 3 hull boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -1 ability point to repair
3rd rates for every 2 hull boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -2 ability point to repair
4th rates for every 2 hull boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -2 ability point to repair
5th rates for every 1 hull boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -3 ability point to repair
6th rates for every 1 hull boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -3 ability point to repair

Ships can sail with unrepaired hull damage from scenario to scenario.
Ships can use 1 task /per scenario to repair 1 hull box.

2. Crew Loss:
1st rates for every 3 crew boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -1 ability point to repair
2nd rates for every 3 crew boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -1 ability point to repair
3rd rates for every 2 crew boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -2 ability point to repair
4th rates for every 2 crew boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -2 ability point to repair
5th rates for every 1 crew boxes over 50% -1 scenario or -3 ability point to repair
6th rates for every 1 crew boxes over 50% -2 scenario or -3 ability point to repair

Ships can sail with less crew boxes from scenario to scenario.
Ships that capture an enemy ship can recruit 1 crew box per ship captured.

3.Any ship can volunteer to miss 3 scenario’s and is fully repaired and crewed.

4.For ships that are captured or sunk roll 1d6 for replacement type, captain and crew ability:

Roll Type
1 1st Rate 100+ guns
2 -5 74
6 Frigate of your choice

Captain Ability:
Roll Ability
1-5 None
6 Free Choice

Crew Ability:
Roll Ability
1 Untrained
2-5 Normal crew
6 Free Choice

5. Prizes
1st rate 6 crew points
2nd rate 5 crew points
3rd rate 4 crew points
4th rate 3 crew points
5th rate 2 crew points
6th rate 1 crew point

10 crew points = an ability

To repair prizes add +1 to each scenario missed or add +1 ability point to repair damage.

Nightmoss
07-26-2015, 19:27
I like this. Could you also add in options for captured ships, repair and prize crews? In the May solo scenario you did well in capturing 3 ships so how might you be rewarded or add those into you command fleet?

Bligh
07-27-2015, 02:59
Seems to fill the bill Neil.
Not too much paperwork involved either.
How about ships in port being able to send out a press gang to speed up crew recruitment.
They may need to roll a dice to see if the Press Gang return in time to take part in the next Scenario or they miss the tide.
Rob.

Bligh
07-27-2015, 03:02
I like this. Could you also add in options for captured ships, repair and prize crews? In the May solo scenario you did well in capturing 3 ships so how might you be rewarded or add those into you command fleet?

I would suggest repair and crewing of Prizes take twice the time suggested for regular ships on Neil's chart.
For crew bounty, we should establish a system of reward abilities to a crew depending on the rate of ship captured.
Rob.

Union Jack
07-27-2015, 05:21
Hence the taking 3 scenarios out and return fully repaired and crewed. To simulate sailing to port, refitting then getting back out there, whereever there is?

Neil

Seems to fill the bill Neil.
Not too much paperwork involved either.
How about ships in port being able to send out a press gang to speed up crew recruitment.
They may need to roll a dice to see if the Press Gang return in time to take part in the next Scenario or they miss the tide.
Rob.

Union Jack
07-27-2015, 05:26
House Rules for repair etc amended.

Bligh
07-27-2015, 07:53
Just saw your rolls on the other thread.
They look like just the job to me Neil.
I feel in my water that you may be doing a few rolls for several of my ships in a day or two.:sad:
Rob.

Union Jack
07-29-2015, 15:21
All the 2014 campaign captains that came across to the 2015 solo campaign have had their scores added to the 2014 carried forward column on the 2015 roster sheets.

Bligh
07-30-2015, 01:02
All the 2014 campaign captains that came across to the 2015 solo campaign have had their scores added to the 2014 carried forward column on the 2015 roster sheets.

Ah! If only I could see those sheets Neil.
Any chance of sending me a copy?
Rob.

TexaS
07-30-2015, 03:34
I'm not sure I completely understand the rules, but I think one should not be too hard on damaged ships. If comparing with Algecira battles it took three days to repair some of the ships for the next battle and time between battles might be months.

Union Jack
07-31-2015, 08:04
Only severely damaged ships will spend any time away. Hence everything below half is repaired or replaced immediately. I would perhaps replace a ship that would be out of action for any length of time. I have 3 prizes that will take some time to repair and may be used elsewhere. I have replaced my losses with the random dice rolls. I have also conducted this for my french AI replacements too.

TexaS
07-31-2015, 08:54
I'd say that Pompée and Caesar in terms of SoG would only have a few boxes left of their hull. They were described as heavily damaged. Yet Caesar was refitted in three days.

I on the other side, only think a ship actually sinks if she has a leak or fire as she strikes. There were a lot of ships captured in battles that was just deemed too destroyed to take into service, but still did not sink. Those were like the ones lost after Trafalgar, still afloat, but lost due to the weather before reaching a harbour.

I don't have the rules available right now but I believe it says the ship strikes when hull or crew is all covered, not neccesarily that it sinks?

Bligh
07-31-2015, 12:54
I am sure you are correct there Jan, having read those rules only yesterday when I got a ship with only one box left and it drew two leak chits.
No time to effect repairs, therefore it sank.
Rob.

Union Jack
08-17-2015, 15:37
Any takers for Septembers mission so we aren't leaving it right up to the last minute?

Union Jack
08-22-2015, 03:18
Septembers mission is due in just over a week, any takers for it so we aren't leaving it right up to the last minute?

7eat51
08-22-2015, 06:17
I will put something together Neil. I haven't had time to play and write AARs, but I do have a bit of time the next few days to put together a scenario. I will have it up sometime during the week.

Thanks again for overseeing things. :hatsoff:

Bligh
08-22-2015, 08:10
Great Eric.
I can't wait to get my teeth into another adventure.
I am happy to write up on in the future, but want to get a bit more time in first. I have something in the back of my mind though.
Rob.

Bos'n
08-22-2015, 11:57
Septembers mission is due in just over a week, any takers for it so we aren't leaving it right up to the last minute?

Neil,

I have a mission called "Convoy" that I put on the forum when I was working on the "Rules For Merchantmen" project in June I think. Since Eric has come to our rescue, once again, I'll tweak it and send it to both you and Eric as an extra scenario to be used when needed, like a spare tire.

You two do far too much for our group and that isn't fair to you, but is very much appreciated.
:minis: :beer::thanks::drinks:

7eat51
08-22-2015, 12:38
Hi Bob,

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks.

I ran a couple of convoy games using the Pirates of the Spanish Main ships as the merchants, with a very basic rule mechanism for movement and targeting the merchants. Folks enjoyed the tension between trying to take out the merchants while having to fend off the escorts, while the merchant team enjoyed the tension between maneuvering to safety and trying to get off the board as quickly as possible.

Union Jack
08-22-2015, 14:10
Cheers Bob. Look forward t o that one. Hopefully by keeping things going once players get a handle on writing scenarios we can expand and it Wiill take the, not pressure, foot of the accelerator a bit. Then we can just cruise along.

Union Jack
08-24-2015, 01:37
Well I'm taking a sea break (only from doing AAR's), will still be online but for two weeks no gaming, ahhhh....or should that be AHRRRRR.

Bligh
08-24-2015, 07:24
We will all have to content ourselves for a time with waiting for the AARs of the other Captains who are still catching up then Neil.
I have still got plenty of the old ones to read up on.
Rob.

Nightmoss
08-24-2015, 09:29
I'm also taking an extended break from SoG solo play. I've gone back to some online games and don't know when I'll return here to post AAR's?

Maybe when Ares finally gives us an update on Wave 3? Cheers!

Bligh
08-24-2015, 09:35
:sad: Very sorry to hear that Jim.
Do keep an eye on us at least.
The odd message to let us know how you are going on would not go amiss.
I sure we will all miss your input.
Rob.:salute:

TexaS
08-24-2015, 09:37
Oh no! That long?

Well I guess we will have to find a way to amuse ourselves without amazing pirate caves and pirate ship conversions.

Union Jack
08-24-2015, 15:35
Sorry to hear that Jim. As Rob said keep dropping in now and then and let us know your ok. Will miss your input, terrific AAR's and witty banter.

Take Care, Neil

Bos'n
08-25-2015, 10:54
Hi Bob,

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks.

I ran a couple of convoy games using the Pirates of the Spanish Main ships as the merchants, with a very basic rule mechanism for movement and targeting the merchants. Folks enjoyed the tension between trying to take out the merchants while having to fend off the escorts, while the merchant team enjoyed the tension between maneuvering to safety and trying to get off the board as quickly as possible.

Eric,

What was the movement mechanism? I have found the two we use in the solo games to be quick, easy and reasonable. I have only had two games that had any unusual moves by the AI player. Whoever put those together did us all a big favor.

7eat51
08-25-2015, 13:42
Maybe when Ares finally gives us an update on Wave 3?

See you in a few years, Jim. :wink:

Enjoy your time on other games. We look forward to your return. :beer:

7eat51
08-25-2015, 13:48
Eric,

What was the movement mechanism? I have found the two we use in the solo games to be quick, easy and reasonable. I have only had two games that had any unusual moves by the AI player. Whoever put those together did us all a big favor.

At two cons, I ran the merchants while some players ran the escorts and others the pursuers. To keep things moving quickly - time constraints of slotted events - I had a few cards from which to choose, mostly the three number 5 cards. I would move the first ship based on the most expedient course to the targeted edge of the playing surface given what was happening, and then moved every other merchant along the same path, trying to keep the distance between ships uniform. This way, the majority of the time was spent on the players' ships.

Nightmoss
08-26-2015, 00:05
See you in a few years, Jim. :wink:

Enjoy your time on other games. We look forward to your return. :beer:

That's more likely than you realize? We might see pirate ships in 10 years or so? :wink:

I check in here at least once a day, so that's not going to change. Setting up, playing and then writing decent AAR's for the solo games takes a significant amount of time. That's still something I also want to try on the Aerodrome, but breaking in there and finding the additional time isn't easy.

At the moment I'm building ships in World of Warcraft and I have a friend who wants me to start up in Pathfinder Online. Too many games and not enough time. :wink:

TexaS
08-26-2015, 00:29
Good to hear!

I can tell you if you when you finally find more time and do come back to the solo campaign, set up, play several games at once, and then try to write many AARs at once afterwords it'll be even slower than playing and writing the one after the other. At least if you are anything like me...

Union Jack
08-28-2015, 16:43
My main computer has packed in. I had 2 AAR's to publish with photos etc. They will have to wait until said computer comes back hopefully cured of the scurvy.

Bos'n
08-29-2015, 14:49
At two cons, I ran the merchants while some players ran the escorts and others the pursuers. To keep things moving quickly - time constraints of slotted events - I had a few cards from which to choose, mostly the three number 5 cards. I would move the first ship based on the most expedient course to the targeted edge of the playing surface given what was happening, and then moved every other merchant along the same path, trying to keep the distance between ships uniform. This way, the majority of the time was spent on the players' ships.

Thanks. I like that mechanism. I'll use it. :thanks:

7eat51
09-03-2015, 08:34
I will have September's mission up sometime today.

Bligh
09-03-2015, 15:18
Super Eric.
Rob.

7eat51
09-03-2015, 15:28
No need for such praise, Rob. :wink:

Bligh
09-04-2015, 02:04
There is when you are getting withdrawal symptoms Eric.:shock:
Rob.

Union Jack
09-09-2015, 08:46
Eric can you post Septembers AAR?

Know things are difficult at present, hope everythings ok.

Let me know if anything I can do.

Will ring if I get the opportunity.

Neil

Bligh
09-27-2015, 08:26
I guess there will be no September mission then Neil?
Rob.

7eat51
09-27-2015, 09:36
Rob, I have one halfway written up. I will be able to complete it later this week.

Bligh
09-27-2015, 09:42
Rob, I have one halfway written up. I will be able to complete it later this week.

Thanks Eric.

I know you are busy with more important things, but was half expecting Neil to have stepped into the breach as he offered.
I know what a good chap he is, and how he is at a loose end now that he has retired.:takecover:
Rob.:happy:

7eat51
09-27-2015, 09:52
Neil's a Godsend, isn't he? It was an amazing experience meeting him in person. I look forward to doing the same with you, Rob.

Both of you have been extremely helpful with admin work, picking up my slack, etc. The past few weeks have been exceptionally busy with life; it has been a great blessing to know I have friends such as you to have my back.

Whether my scenario is for September or October is irrelevant; I look forward to sharing it with all of you.

Bligh
09-27-2015, 09:58
Very kind of you to say so Eric.
Neil and Chris, have been instrumental in getting Doncaster off the ground this year.:clap: I could not have managed without them, and this all helped me to take up a bit of the slack for yourself.
These youngsters seem to thrive on it all, with or without the Manley Flu.:happy:
Rob.