PDA

View Full Version : Powder Monkey V2a now available

Herkybird
04-10-2015, 14:02
Hi Shipmates!

I did a final playtest on the new version of my solo rules, I posted the game on my blog at: http://herkybird-richardbradley.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/powder-monkey-final-playtest-game.html - it shows how the rules differ from versions 1 and 2, and shows a game I really enjoyed playing, to boot!:wink:
There is a link to the rules on the blog too, as there is no sign of the new version coming on SofG anchorage files at the mo.:pray:

I hope you enjoy the post...and the rules! :salute:

Naharaht
04-10-2015, 23:16
Thank you again for all your work on these solo rules, Richard.

Kentop
04-11-2015, 08:31
Very good work. I really like your solo rules. I'm going to try your scenario tonight. Here's an interesting pic of a power monkey on the USS New Hampshire in 1864:

Loki 13
04-12-2015, 13:01
:beer: Cool , very nice battle you had there. And thanks for coming up with these solo rules, :drinks: CHEERS TO YOU SIR !!! :salute:

Herkybird
05-29-2015, 01:39
I just got my HMS Victory yesterday (well, I am in the backwater of the UK!) - very nice too!:thumbsup:

I had a look at the manoeuvre deck, and have noticed its different to the usual 100 gun. In fact the deck differs in that you get 1 more (sharper turn) card for right and left.
I dont think its worth making a new chart for this one ship (I havent seen Constitution yet) - I think it should be ok to keep using the 100 gun+ chart, and use the sharper turns when you are making the choice of card for the ship, for example when its heading away from the enemy and over a cannon shot away.

Alternatively, use the 74's chart, and if the sharpest turn comes out 2 turns in a row, just choose the next sharpest turn.

I hope this is helpful? :question: