PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Builder Tool

Eldil
03-06-2015, 22:26
Hey all,

I'm hoping I'm not breaking any forum etiquette rules by linking to board game geek, but I've recently uploaded a labor of love to the files section there: version 1.0 of my fleet builder (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/114850/sails-glory-fleet-builder) excel sheet.

You can use it to build two fleets of up to ten ships each, with up to three captain abilities and up to three crew abilities per ship. It will keep track of the point values of each fleet. I'm hoping it will be useful to players who want to explore the point value system.

If you notice any obvious errors or issues, or if you have some suggestions to improve the tool, let me know.

Cheers,
Nate

Nightmoss
03-06-2015, 22:56
Thanks Nate. I'll be sure to check it out! :salute:

7eat51
03-07-2015, 07:44
A useful chart - thank you, Nate. :thumbsup:

As a fellow Chicagoan, any etiquette breach would be easily overlooked. :wink:

Naharaht
03-07-2015, 22:22
Thank you for constructing this spreadsheet, Nate. :thumbsup:

John Paul
03-07-2015, 23:21
Excellent work, Nate! I'll give this a try out! Thanks!! :salute:

Gunner
03-08-2015, 01:14
After loading fleet 1, I can't load fleet 2. Am I just tired or what am I doing wrong?:beer:

HMS Lydia
03-11-2015, 06:24
Thanks Nate, I'll have to give this a try. Gunner, at least it's a dry heat!:takecover:

HMS Lydia
03-11-2015, 06:33
Nate, are you going to add the new Spanish ships, and the British ships that just came out?

Eldil
03-11-2015, 06:46
Nate, are you going to add the new Spanish ships, and the British ships that just came out?

I intend to, as soon as I get my grubby little paws on them. I pre-ordered them along with the Constitution and the Victory, so I might not get them until later this month. I also intended to add the shore batteries.

After loading fleet 1, I can't load fleet 2. Am I just tired or what am I doing wrong?:beer:

Hey Gunner, I'd first recommend you check out the "Preferences" tab; that's where I put some of the basic instructions for using the tool.

Basically, if you want a ship to be in fleet 1, you mark it with a "1", and if you want a ship to be in fleet 2, you mark it with a "2." If that's what you're doing, then there's something else going wrong, and I'd need a little more info on what you're seeing.

Thanks for all the helpful and supportive feedback, sirs!

HMS Lydia
03-11-2015, 06:51
Nate, if you pm me I can send you the stats (except for point values).

Actually see attached: 1329413293

Bob

fredmiracle
03-11-2015, 09:20
You could also get the stats from my spreadsheet Nate--I cross-posted it on BGG since you were having problems downloading here. If the capabilities of both our sheets were merged it would be pretty cool...

Gunner
03-11-2015, 11:51
Hey Gunner, I'd first recommend you check out the "Preferences" tab; that's where I put some of the basic instructions for using the tool.

Basically, if you want a ship to be in fleet 1, you mark it with a "1", and if you want a ship to be in fleet 2, you mark it with a "2." If that's what you're doing, then there's something else going wrong, and I'd need a little more info on what you're seeing.

"Preferences":embarass: When all else fails, read the instructions.
Thanks Nate:beer: