PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more ship bases.

Sir Sidney Smith
02-22-2015, 17:45
I have ordered a couple of ships off Shapeways.com that I think are going to work for sales of glory, but I don't have any spare blue bases that the ship sit in. Does anybody know where you can buy these or have a good suggestion on how to make them from scratch?

Nightmoss
02-22-2015, 21:22
I have ordered a couple of ships off Shapeways.com that I think are going to work for sales of glory, but I don't have any spare blue bases that the ship sit in. Does anybody know where you can buy these or have a good suggestion on how to make them from scratch?

You can't purchase them separately, although some of us have certainly requested that option. As an alternate approach you could try what Kenneth did in this post?

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3006-Fast-and-Cheap-Ship-Base&p=42282#post42282

Sir Sidney Smith
02-22-2015, 21:26
Cheers! A glass of wine with you Sir!

Nightmoss
02-22-2015, 21:29
Cheers! A glass of wine with you Sir!

I'll drink to that! :drinks: :wink:

Greetings Antony. Welcome aboard.

Gunner
02-22-2015, 21:41

I make SOG size bases using http://www.litko.net/BMaker/

25mm wide x 50mm long
3mm Transparent light blue acrylic for the base.
Cover with base card
Then place another 3mm Transparent light blue acrylic over base card.
Then use a touch of Craftics #33 acrylic glue to the sides while being careful to center the base card.
They come with a 3mm hole in the center if you wish.

That will give you a base the same width and length as SOG's, and just a tad lower.:beer:

PS Welcome to the Anchorage Antony:beer:

7eat51
02-23-2015, 00:30
Antony, stop by the Welcome Aboard forum and introduce yourself sometime. Folks will be glad to meet you.