PDA

View Full Version : My custom terrain tiles

Jason
02-17-2015, 06:27
I wanted to show you my custom terrain tiles. When I've bought the sails of glory starter set a few month back, the terrain packs were already unavailable at my retailer. So I decided to spend an hour or two painting shorelines in Photoshop. After playing with them I liked the look of the pieces and created the second set, this time with towns and fortifications. For this one, I used satellite imagery of mediterranean shoreline, somehere in France and the Balkans, and I even managed to spot some forts while browsing over the coast. Now I have more than enough tiles with these two sets for my usual 4"x6" playing surface.

While I was making them I didn't have acces to original Battery tiles, so I only used my common sense in placing the firing arcs. If you have any critiqe or advice on this, I'd grateful to hear it. All the tiles are modular and work well with each other through their short edges, but I've already found several nice configurations for the longer elements. I've even scaled the bottom and top left pieces from the towns sheet to fit one long shore piece from the first set, so they can be placed as an island.

I print and cut them on a3 full color paper, and stick to cardboard, with half an inch of surf and straight along the border edges. I guess it would be better to print them on vinyl backing, but I am good as it is for now.

Here you can find the full sized jpg's and pdf files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rcshh5nsm0269a7/AACN7ioOCn-e7eULF1cpSK80a?dl=0

How do you like them? :question:

Naharaht
02-17-2015, 06:59
These are fine pieces of work, Jan. Well done! :thumbsup:

Comte de Brueys
02-17-2015, 07:19
Great work, those tiles look awesome! :thumbsup:

7eat51
02-17-2015, 07:26
Uploaded files have been approved.

Lovely work, Jan. :thumbsup:

Titolo
02-17-2015, 07:44
It is a beautiful work and i like it very much. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.:thumbsup:

Jason
02-17-2015, 07:51
Thank you very much :happy: I'd be honored to see them some day on other people's tables :minis:

Thank you Eric for approving the submission :hatsoff:

7eat51
02-17-2015, 07:53
I will use them in an upcoming solo campaign scenario. Every player now has access to the same terrain which will make terrain utilization more feasible.

Jason
02-17-2015, 10:31
Thank you :hatsoff: I am elevated to hear that :) made my day