PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy from Poland

Jason
02-06-2015, 04:24
Hi there folks!

I have just joined the forum after browsing it for about a week (and several failed attempts to sign-up, where I have been dejected as spammer... I don't know why, but when I changed my desired login from Jason to Jason.J, the algorithm allowed me in. A question to admin - is it possible to change the displayed name?).

I am an enthusiast of sea and sailing ships since my early childhood, and I have been a war and miniature gamer for about 15 years. Over the years I've picked up various games that promised a naval experience (mainly GW like man'o'war, BF Gothic and stuff, but considered where I live, I never had a slight chance of collecting and playing age-of-sail miniatures with anyone). Sails of Glory is a game changer for me, because of simple rules and almost board-game appearance, I can enlist a score of my board-game and roleplaying friends for some sailing tabletop fun. Currently, after around two dozen skirmishes, I am in love with SoG and looking forward to having even more fun with it.

On the other hand, I am a graphic artist and illustrator, working in computer games as well as pen and paper games industry. I have already created some custom terrain tiles for SoG that I've put on Boardgamegeek servers, but with all the experience in gaming I am planning on making more stuff for Sails.

I hope to learn a lot a have a ton of fun here. Glad to be here :) Ahoy!

7eat51
02-06-2015, 22:14
Welcome aboard, Jan. :salute:

When you have a chance, check out our recently launched solo campaign: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?41-2015-Solo-Campaign

Let me know what you prefer for a displayed username, and I will change it accordingly.

Gunner
02-06-2015, 23:57
Welcome:beer: from Arizona, Jan from my favorite European country (being 100%Polish I might be a little prejudice).

Nightmoss
02-07-2015, 00:15
Welcome aboard the Anchorage! :salute:

Coog
02-07-2015, 01:23
Welcome aboard Jan!

Capn Duff
02-07-2015, 01:28
Welcome Jan,
I also have played GW man o War, was a big fan of BFG, play a lot of WGF and now SGN.

Naharaht
02-07-2015, 12:43
Welcome to the Anchorage, Jan.

TexaS
02-09-2015, 01:51
Welcome Jan! Glad to hear you've found some gamers to convert to more historical miniature gaming!

Jason
02-09-2015, 04:35
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. :salute:

Chris, I would still gladly play some BFG, but my fleets gather dust foe several years now - I like the rules a lot, They have a great feeling for inertia and accumulation of battle-debris, but I've never found any players to play more than several games. I have recently acquired warhammer historical's rules for Napoleonics - the Trafalgar game. They seem much more in-depth simulation-wise than SGN, (a ton of different ships down to schooners and cutters, and nice ship logs with check boxes and damage distributed to masts and decks). I am looking forward to play-testing these rules with SGN miniatures.

Jonas, I am all about historical gaming nowadays, but it comes down to having several painted armies each from periods of antiquity, pike-and-shot era, 2nd World War, as well as both instalments of WG, but noone to play with :surrender: :D SGN, like I've said, is a gamechanger.

Capn Duff
02-09-2015, 04:39
My BFG fleets are the same Jan, in their cases doing nothing.
I am lucky we have a group where I live to play SGN and WGF, but soon we start the convention cut which from Feb to Nov is approx one weekend a month I'll be attending a show/ convention to play all three Glory games so I cant complain

meeplewizard
02-09-2015, 06:39
Welcome Jason. Happy gaming to you.

Cmmdre
02-14-2015, 13:52
Welcome aboard Jan. :salute:

Comte de Brueys
02-15-2015, 11:19
Bonjour Jan.

Welcome on board. :beer:

Berthier
02-17-2015, 03:36
Welcome Jan!:salute:

John Paul
02-18-2015, 02:49
Welcome aboard, Jan!! Ah, the good ol' fun days of playing Man-O-War a fantastic game that GW managed to kill off and bury long before it's time thinking they could improve on it!!!

Bligh
04-07-2015, 06:13
'Tis yet another of me shipmates has joined since I slipped me cable last year, so let me welcome you to the Anchorage Jan with a tot out of me flask.
Bligh.

Old Salt
04-08-2015, 21:18
Welcome from Alberta