PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks

Ozariig
12-29-2014, 13:34
Hi everyone,

It looks like I missed the big rush when this game was originally put on Kickstarter and then released, but I was lucky enough to receive an SGN starter set for Christmas this year, and it looks like quite a gem. I love miniature wargaming a lot, and it looks like my relatives have finally noticed! :)

I'm currently in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK as I follow my wife around on her post-graduate studies, though I'm originally from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I know I left a lot of good hobbyists behind in Canada, so I'm looking forward to making new connections in the UK and here on the forums.

Here's hoping that you all will have a very happy and safe new year.

7eat51
12-30-2014, 10:22
Welcome aboard, Kevin. :salute:

We will be kicking off a year-long solo campaign, info found here: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?38-2014-Solo-Campaigns

I will be updating material today, and will post the first scenario on the 1st of January. If you care to join, let me know and I'll help you get set up.

Nightmoss
12-30-2014, 11:07
Greetings Kevin. Welcome aboard the Anchorage. Even though you missed the big KS push you've joined at a good time. We're expecting the release of Wave 1 repaints, which will include two Spanish ships, and more exciting for many will be the release of the USS Constitution and HMS Victory special edition ships. While these two ships were part of the original KS project they are available for purchase by anyone. You can even preorder right here on the Anchorage Accessories page:

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/miniatures/sails-of-glory/napoleonic-wars.html

Happy New Year to you too.

Ozariig
12-30-2014, 11:38
Thanks for the welcome, Eric and Jim!

For the campaign, is it a problem if I'm limited to the contents of my starter set, at least for a little while? I don't want to hold back anyone's imagination for scenario writing, but I may need to perform some substitutions for the time being (Frigates for Sloops, 3rd Rates for 1st Rates, or something like that).

7eat51
12-30-2014, 11:48
Hi Kevin,

We can easily keep the first several months to Wave 1 ships, and the number of ships to two per side, max. Anything more than that can become time-consuming, regardless. So, by all means, jump in.

Naharaht
12-30-2014, 16:21
Welcome to the Anchorage, Kevin, from here near Norwich.

Coog
12-30-2014, 16:56
Welcome aboard Kevin!

Cmmdre
12-30-2014, 18:24
Welcome to Anchorage Kevin. :salute:

Gunner
12-30-2014, 20:28
Welcome:beer: from Arizona, Kevin.

Comte de Brueys
12-31-2014, 08:31
Bonjour, Kevin.

Welcome on board. :salute:

Bligh
04-26-2015, 09:49
Only just catching up with my dispatches, so welcome Kevin me hearty. Always good to fetch up alongside a shipmate from a good old seafaring county such as Yorkshire. I've dropped anchor in Whitby many a time after a rough night.
Bligh.:drinks:

Old Salt
04-26-2015, 20:20
Hi and welcome from Alberta

John Paul
04-27-2015, 21:26
Welcome aboard, Kevin! Hope you have added a few more ships to your fleet, and are having great adventures plying the seven seas in search of action!!