PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo Minis Returns

Nightmoss
10-01-2014, 11:18
It appears that Waterloo Minis will be returning to business under new management. See the link here from The Miniatures Page.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=361233

Cheers!

kenji
10-01-2014, 11:36
Thank you for sharing Jim.

Are the Waterloo Minis usable in SGN? Being new to this hobby I don't know the background of this company.

Arakus
10-01-2014, 11:43

Are the Waterloo Minis usable in SGN? Being new to this hobby I don't know the background of this company.

Afaik, Waterloo Minis is a online shop.
Don't know if the will sell SGN, but they will sell Langton Ships for sure.

Nightmoss
10-01-2014, 16:12

Waterloo Minis sells primarily 1/1200 scale ships and the models are metal, not plastic. Their ships come from Langton Miniatures and I don't think they have ever sold anything besides those? The range of ships offered by Langton/Waterloo is much larger than what Ares offers, but they've been around considerably longer.

http://www.rodlangton.com/

While some people might disagree I think you can mix the Ares ships with the Langton ones. It's entirely up to how you feel about scale and the Ares bases, etc. Langton certainly has ships we may never see from Ares? Merchant ships from Langton are what I'm going to focus on as that may be way down the road for Ares?

Arakus
10-01-2014, 16:30
While some people might disagree I think you can mix the Ares ships with the Langton ones. It's entirely up to how you feel about scale and the Ares bases, etc. Langton certainly has ships we may never see from Ares? Merchant ships from Langton are what I'm going to focus on as that may be way down the road for Ares?

I think smaller ships in 1/1200, like frigates and smaller ships, are big enough to use with SGN models, but at larger ones the difference in size is notable more and more.
Its very sad, but understandable, that Langton won't produce their ships in 1/100 scale as their models are in a very high quality and look very good.

I decided for me to collect the ships from SGN now so i don't buy/collect Langton ships, but i will use parts from them to enhance/convert the SGN ships like Julián from "J Model" does.
But i will have one from each SGN ship in original shape for my collection, and 2 converted/enhanced for playing.