PDA

View Full Version : New Packaging

kenji
09-26-2014, 14:55
I know that Ares has redesigned their individual expansion ships boxes in order to better protect the miniature during shipping (i.e. "eliminate" the broken mast issue) but will this change be also implemented into their future reprint of the Starter Box too? Or perhaps the Starter Box doesn't need this change?

I ask because I understand that it is rare that "de-masting" occurs on the Starter Box miniatures but I have seen reports that it does occasionally happen.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Arakus
09-26-2014, 17:04
Good question!

Kentop
09-26-2014, 18:24
My starter kit had the foremast of the british SOL snapped off. All the others were O.K. My local game store gave me 10 percent off and I used the pin trick to repair the mast good as new.

fredmiracle
09-26-2014, 19:17
I think the starter already has the "good packaging"

if you notice, on one of their updates Ares mentioned that they are making packaging AND product changes moving forward. It seems to me that part of the problem in the second print run (starters & wave 2) must have been some change in the formulation of the mast plastic or glue. Maybe that's not *most* of the problem, but it contributed, and that's why we're seeing a few starter problems now, where there were none before. I suspect Ares will be tightening up that side of things in future