PDA

View Full Version : Top Thread Starter and Top Poster of the year

The Royal Hajj
01-01-2012, 02:56
I would like to congratulate a very fine sailor that has showed his seamanship as this years most active member.

Top Yearly Poster
The Top Yearly Poster medal is award to the sailor that makes the most Log Entries during the year. The medal can only be achieved once in a sailor 's life. This year the award goes to:

Anav (http://sailsofglory.org/member.php?5-Anav)for a total of 223 Log Entries.

Top Yearly Poster
The Top Yearly Poster medal is award to the sailor that makes the most Dispatches during the year. The medal can only be achieved once in a sailor 's life. This year the award goes to:

Anav (http://sailsofglory.org/member.php?5-Anav) for a total of 89 Dispatches written.

Old Salt
01-01-2012, 08:17
Well done, Anav.

Anav
01-01-2012, 11:50
Thank you all. I guess I type to much.

csadn
01-01-2012, 15:04
Thank you all. I guess I type to much.

Nah -- but since most of those articles are links to Wikipedia pages, I'd suggest laying off the "copy and paste" function for a bit. :)

Berthier
01-01-2012, 18:32
Congrats Steve, well earned!

crashx
01-01-2012, 20:03
Bravo, well done!!!

Tommy Z
01-01-2012, 23:07
Nice Double Play! Well Deserved Steve...maybe when you go back to sea some of us can catch up! ;)

Attila57
01-02-2012, 01:22
Well done!

Attilio

Anav
01-02-2012, 06:52
Nah -- but since most of those articles are links to Wikipedia pages, I'd suggest laying off the "copy and paste" function for a bit. :)

I can cut and paste from other places: Here is from TODAY on the official Navy website:
1813 - Congress authorizes construction of two 74-gun ships and six 44-gun frigates.

Anav
01-02-2012, 15:57
Since you are the second person to call me out I feel the need to reply. I know that not many have the library of sailing warships that I and a few others have. The books are rare and often expensive. I figured that the easiest way to learn for someone new would be information on the internet. Before posting a link or info from the net I looked the information up from books I have. I know that some of the information is debatable due to the reporting of the time and the histories of several viewpoints. I do not desire to argue any point, I was not there. It was never my intention to mislead anyone reading my posts. For me this is not information for a game but, family history. A history I love to share and get other people interested in. In the future I will refrain from posting links and info from the internet.

Berthier
01-03-2012, 02:10
Steve, I don't think you need to explain. The links are all to good sources of information and would be great for newbies who may have no idea where to look or start. The site demographics at presnet are heavily skewed towards motivated, educated and informed people with a strong interest in naval history or a strong desire to extend that interest. Once the game is actually launched this will change. There will be an influx of new sailors who are truely land lubbers with little or no base knowledge to work off but keen to start. This is where the links will really come into their own.

It may be useful to somehow organise all these links into sub-folders by topic as it will be hard for people to find them all as the site grows.

So keep up the good work! Is there a prize for second...I must have come close :( ;)

The Royal Hajj
01-03-2012, 02:48
I don't think he needs to explain either.

csadn
01-03-2012, 15:43
Since you are the second person to call me out I feel the need to reply.

Second? So far as I can tell, I'm the only one to mention it.

And on that point -- did you notice what was on the end of my remark?

"Nah -- but since most of those articles are links to Wikipedia pages, I'd suggest laying off the "copy and paste" function for a bit. :) "

Pick up the pen again -- it was a joke.

Tommy Z
01-03-2012, 22:41
I don't think he needs to explain either.

I'm with you Boss...as a sailing novice I've been learning alot!

Keep 'em coming Steve!

to Chris....I saw the smiley and took it as a joke, of course I'm fluent in Smart-Ass! & Sarcasm!

Bluedevil
01-04-2012, 04:03
Well done! :)

csadn
01-04-2012, 17:21
to Chris....I saw the smiley and took it as a joke, of course I'm fluent in Smart-Ass! & Sarcasm!

Same here -- tho' with me, it's a first language.... :)

All that said: I do hope once the game is released, there's more "original content" -- I am right now working up a piece on the Influence of Wind on Battles, focusing on how it affected Nelson's fights at Abukir Bay ("the Nile") and Trafalgar. (I know: You're all thinking, "Well, they're wind-powered ships -- *of course* wind is important". Yes -- but *how* exactly is it important? ;) )

Capt P
01-08-2012, 11:44
Congradulation on your awards.

Bumblie3
01-15-2012, 09:42
Well done, Anav.
Are you going to shrink your medals and paste them on your Avatar?
John

Comte de Brueys
01-19-2012, 09:49
Congratulation Anav.

Anav
01-19-2012, 15:23
Thank you

crashx
01-20-2012, 13:41
A belated "WELL DONE"!!! I don't always make the time to research info like this, so I enjoy reading about it in your links!!! Thanks, and keep it up!!!