PDA

View Full Version : We have competition

Berthier
12-29-2011, 18:41
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SailsofGlory/

And they have more members! Time for a shot across the bow I say!

..but they've only had 77 messages...

The Cowman
12-29-2011, 21:32
I would not call that competition... just a "sister" site... it appears to be founded by Andrea.

David Manley
12-30-2011, 02:49
Not competition at all. There is a similar yahoo group covering Wings of War. Lots of cross-fertilization and common membership between the two there, as here (I suspect)

Gaz67
12-30-2011, 06:31
a "sister" site

So belay the "Boarders away" order then?

Attila57
12-30-2011, 12:13
I admit today I susbscribe also that forum. I think I'll spectate as in the other Yahoo group dedicated to WoG. No a treason of Keith's forums!

Attilio

Berthier
12-30-2011, 16:54
Boarders to stand down, guns to be shipped, ports closed, she's shown her colours and she's a friendly:D

Anav
12-30-2011, 17:00
I joined the WOG one awhile ago.....been back like twice.

Cpt Kangaroo
01-05-2012, 11:32
I have created an account, but not played with it much. Not the same as our site here.

When I do I will open a Topic with an invitation to this site, extending our membership and visibility.

That is, unless we have already done this.

Cheers!

Erin

The Royal Hajj
01-29-2012, 00:20
Andrea set to sea with his Yahoo Group before our own site was ready to set sail. As with it's flying brothern, the amount of posts and discussions are most likely to be a lot less then our own. I think the innate design of our ship just makes it easier and friendlier to come together as a crew.

As for promoting this site on theirs, I've re-framed from that as I do not see it fitting for a Captain of a ship to go aboard another ship clearing out his crew... although that seemed to be the order of the day back then! But, I could not in good conscience flog any of my crew from praising our fine ship to other crews! lol

Blackrose
02-02-2012, 05:30
I would liken it to a complementary group, rather than competition. We've had no issues on our future-sister site (WOG Aerodrome) with the WOW-Yahoo group. Lots of people on both, and information can get cross-transmitted.
That said, I get much more traffic (and information) from the 'Drome than the Yahoo group.
Karl