PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Denmark

Lost Cmd
08-19-2014, 07:04
Hi all,

I just bought the starterset of Sails of Glory and feel ready to take over the seas.

Now i have never been into naval warfare before, but i was a very active Wings of Glory pilot some years back and just thought that this might be the thing for me.

Hopefully i can talk one of my friends into do some regular naval battles otherwise i propably should start to look into the solo rules.

Look forward to journey into this with all of you by my side to guide and inspire me.

May the wind be in your favour at all times.

Coog
08-19-2014, 07:19
Welcome aboard Michael!

Cmmdre
08-19-2014, 07:48
Welcome to Anchorage Michael. :salute:

David Manley
08-19-2014, 08:28
Welcome aboard :happy:

Nightmoss
08-19-2014, 09:05
Greetings Michael and welcome aboard! :salute:

Naharaht
08-19-2014, 18:20
Welcome to the Anchorage, Michael.

Diamondback
08-19-2014, 18:50
Welcome aboard from Seattle!

Lost Cmd
08-20-2014, 08:48
thabks you all for warm welcome.

Turns out that tomorrow I indeed have a gaming session wi a friend of mine and another might show up as well. So i guess i will be trying this out and hopefully will start my venture into this world of saltwater and rum with style.

I will try to remember my camera and document how it went.

Cheers mates

Jack Aubrey
08-20-2014, 09:00
Welcome, Michael, willkommen....:thumbsup:

Gunner
08-20-2014, 23:56
Welcome:beer: from Arizona Michael.

7eat51
08-21-2014, 08:30
Welcome aboard, Michael. :salute:

I hope your session today goes well. It is such a fun game, and there are various levels of complexity at which you can play - great for customizing the game for different audiences.

We'll be starting another solo campaign in October. Let us know if you want to jump in.

Comte de Brueys
08-22-2014, 00:18
Bonjour Michael.

Welcome on board. :beer:

Lost Cmd
08-22-2014, 02:18
Once again thank you all for the welcome

Welcome aboard, Michael. :salute:

I hope your session today goes well. It is such a fun game, and there are various levels of complexity at which you can play - great for customizing the game for different audiences.

We'll be starting another solo campaign in October. Let us know if you want to jump in.

I will definately be considering taking part in the Solo Campaign, just need to understand what files/rules i need in order to do the Solo Missions:question:

We had a great game yesterday, We were only 2 players and we only managed to get in one game before running out of time.
We played a game with basic rules but opted to add the Time to React rule.
One ship each Aquilon vs HMS Defence.

I learned a lot especially about deployment, i deployed to the left with the wind coming from the right, basically my options without risking going up against the wind was not many, and as a result i spent quite a lot of turns being taken aback - Doh.

I did forget my camera so no pictures, and i have no clue how many turns the battle went, but in the end there was no doubt that whoever got the next shot could very well walk away with victory, and so it went I managed to put my self in a position where i had a shot at the Aquilon with no chance of a shot back and he surrendered as the last of his crew was slaughtered by my canons.

We found the game very fluid and intuitive, and we both felt the frustration of handling a large bulky ship where you reacted not immediately but a turn from now.

Now note to my self "Remember the Camera next time"

7eat51
08-22-2014, 09:51
Hi Michael,

Here are some links:

Current basic set of solo rules: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2530-July-September-Rules
Current solo scenarios and reports from those who have sailed them, etc.: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?38-2014-Solo-Campaigns

If you would like to join, I will need a roster of 8 captains, the nationality you would like to sail for, your email address to invite you to the googledoc record keeping sheet. The rest we can take care of in time. Try out the solo rules with two ships just to get a feel, and post any questions you have. In October, we'll start another round, but it is not too late to join the current one if you desire. Starting in January, we will do a year-long, British vs. French solo campaign. From now until the end of the year, we are play-testing rules, learning how to do After Action Reports (AARs), etc.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Old Salt
08-25-2014, 06:21
Welcome from Alberta

Capn Duff
08-25-2014, 06:28
A belated welcome to you Michael, from Bristol UK

Arakus
08-25-2014, 07:49
Welcome! :beer:

Lost Cmd
08-26-2014, 07:11
Again guys thank you for your welcome messages, sure makes me feel a part of a nice and friendly group.

Hi Michael,

Here are some links:

Current basic set of solo rules: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2530-July-September-Rules
Current solo scenarios and reports from those who have sailed them, etc.: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?38-2014-Solo-Campaigns

If you would like to join, I will need a roster of 8 captains, the nationality you would like to sail for, your email address to invite you to the googledoc record keeping sheet. The rest we can take care of in time. Try out the solo rules with two ships just to get a feel, and post any questions you have. In October, we'll start another round, but it is not too late to join the current one if you desire. Starting in January, we will do a year-long, British vs. French solo campaign. From now until the end of the year, we are play-testing rules, learning how to do After Action Reports (AARs), etc.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.
I will look into the rules, and see if i can find the time to do some solo missions among all the other duties of "normal" life.

I will wait to sign up until October or later, but will see if i can do some AAR as the more data you recieve regarding the solo missions the more "educated guesses" you can make around potential corrections needed.

7eat51
08-26-2014, 11:17
Michael, any input you are willing to provide will be appreciated.

I hope you enjoy your ventures into solo play.