PDA

View Full Version : Ten GenCons ago...

Angiolillo
08-15-2014, 00:48
Hello, my friends.
10 years ago I was at GenCon Indy to launch Wings of War by Nexus Editrice... and the game was not here: the first print run of English edition had sold out in 13 days, the second one was still sailing to USA and already sold out in pre-sales, the third one was still being printed here in Italy. We had fun with a giant-sized deck of 21 x 30 cm cards to be played on the floor, anyway.
Now Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory are there at the show for you to enjoy, at the Ares Games booth, with nice miniatures instead than just cards. If you pass by there, have a look. And play: several game sessions are in program, including air battles around bombers and a 52-players Sails of Glory battle.
http://www.aresgames.eu/12288
The game has grown a lot, in these years, surviving some quite nasty moments thanks to the support of dedicated players - yes, you. The Yahoo fan groups, The Aerodrome and Anchorage are all great signs of that. All you did sharing your battle reports and photos, enriching the game with optional rules and additional materials, demoing it around and organizing events, playing it by email and even in live sessions, made it by far the most lively and involving game I ever had to deal with. Thanks everybody, I really mean it!

Happy gaming,

Andrea

7eat51
08-15-2014, 05:50
Andrea, we wish you success with all of your games. Thank you for the uncountable hours of enjoyment. :hatsoff:

Nightmoss
08-15-2014, 05:58
I'll second what Eric has said! Cheers.