PDA

View Full Version : British and French lists

Takeda
07-17-2014, 09:54
I was wondering what point limit most of you play and what some of your staple ship lists are.

Nightmoss
07-17-2014, 13:31
Hi Philip. I'm playing primarily solo games so a point limit isn't a focus at the moment. Still too new to the game to have a staple ship list as well.

Welcome to the Anchorage by the way. Enjoy the site and the great company. :hatsoff:

7eat51
07-18-2014, 07:28
Hi Philip,

We have not considered point-based scenarios. We keep each player to one ship, or at most two, so our games are dependent upon the number of players available.

Stop by the Welcome Aboard forum and introduce yourself sometime. Folks will be glad to meet you: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?5-Welcome-Aboard

fredmiracle
07-18-2014, 10:19
I try to mix up the ships--not that there's much reason to, stats-wise, but that way at least the names change from one play to the next :wink:

I think anything from 2 to 4 ships per side is fun. Normally when I'm playing solo I play frigates with frigates, or SOLs with SOLs. My kids like to play mixed squadrons, with both SOLs and frigates. That can be good too, but the frigates often get killed really quickly

I haven't done much with the points yet, but I did find it useful for one match where I was trying to factor in the Poorly Trained crew restrictions.
(AAR here: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?2518-Britannia-Rule-the-Waves)

In that battle the British had HMS Queen Charlotte and HMS Bellerophon. Queen Charlotte seems to be miscosted, so I used 190 points, bringing Britain to 325 points. In addition they had Well-Trained Gunners, and Queen Charlotte had Hold Fast, for a total of 350.

The French had Commerce de Marseilles, Fougueux and Le Swiftsure, but with Poorly Trained Sailors and Poorly Trained Gunners, for a total of 350.

Although it was a solid British victory, it felt pretty evenly matched. So it gave me no reason to question the points system...