PDA

View Full Version : Flag stickers

Naharaht
04-21-2014, 18:29
It was common practice for navies to use captured ships in their own fleet. Would a sheet of 'peel off, stick-on' flags be popular so that the nationality of a ships could quickly be changed for a scenario and then changed again for a different one?

Jack Aubrey
04-22-2014, 00:06
I think that is a good idea. By the way, you could change anytime the nationality of a ship....:hmmm:, it can be also change into a pirate ship..., yes, great idea.

7eat51
04-22-2014, 06:48
Some such mechanism would be good. One scenario could be retrieving a captured ship. If the original crew is still onboard, it would make the battle tactics rather interesting - not only recapture ship, but do so with minimal damage, especially crew damage, some of which would be suffered by captured crew.

Comte de Brueys
04-22-2014, 07:10
It was common practice for navies to use captured ships in their own fleet. Would a sheet of 'peel off, stick-on' flags be popular so that the nationality of a ships could quickly be changed for a scenario and then changed again for a different one?

I think that's why they produced captured ships, anyways - to have them at the start of a battle as captured ones.

Can't imagine a scenario when a ship was captured, changed colours and fought again.

After bigger battles, the winning side sent only small crews to man and sail the prize home or to the nearest friendly harbour.

...and I won't trust such stickers. :wink:

Nightmoss
04-22-2014, 09:21
I would like to see someone with 3D printer capability create small (and tasteful) pennants that could be switched as needed on the main masts of the ship sculpts? The scale might be too small for 3D printing, but something on the top part of the ship (that wouldn't fall off) would make identification and ownership easy to spot.

Wartrain
04-22-2014, 10:40
you could print of the flags on the site, glue them to a plastic rod then drill a hole on the ship the same size as the rod where the old flag was. Just have a bunch of flags to swap out at your leisure.

Naharaht
04-22-2014, 21:07
I was thinking more in terms of stickers to cover the stern flags.

Jack Aubrey
04-23-2014, 08:54
Stickers is good, I think.

Пилот
04-24-2014, 18:33
They are, but Paul's idea is also!

Interchangeable flagstaffs could be interesting mode of quick changing nationality.

Naharaht
04-29-2014, 21:25
Iron Outlaw, Brad, has produced a sheet of British, French and Spanish flags that can be printed onto sticky-back paper. It is in the 'Chippy Shop' under 'National Flags'.