PDA

View Full Version : A PLEA TO ARES

Gunner
04-13-2014, 20:55
Not knowing much about about the manufacturing process of SGN ships, I wonder if it would be possible for Ares to come out with (ship kits)?

The ships without sails, and the sails sold separately. At anchor, battle sails, full sails, studded sails.

I would GLADLY pay a premium for such kits.

7eat51
04-13-2014, 21:49
An interesting idea. I would think manufacturing would be a bit easier, as would packaging. Storage would definitely be.

Diamondback
04-13-2014, 22:19
You know that you're only going to get one crack at installing, right? I discussed the idea of removable masts with Andrea once, he said he'd thought about it too but they were coming out too fragile.

Gunner
04-13-2014, 22:37
You know that you're only going to get one crack at installing, right? I discussed the idea of removable masts with Andrea once, he said he'd thought about it too but they were coming out too fragile.

Then I would buy another. I would like separate packs of masts and sails.:thumbsup:

I hope Andrea gives it more thought.:pray:
Maybe in a future Wave Ares could include one model of the separate Ship, masts and sails as a test to see how it sells.

Diamondback
04-13-2014, 22:42
Right--but we've seen how the pleas for unpainted, unassembled plane packs have fallen on deaf ears since the extent of management's vision is "Ready To Play, Prepainted and Preassembled."

David Manley
04-13-2014, 22:43
I suspect the likelihood of this happening is about as much as that of their aircraft models being released as kits (which has been asked for several times in the past and always rebuffed)

Gunner
04-13-2014, 22:47
These would in effect be ready to play after a simple assembly.

The Royal Hajj
04-14-2014, 10:34
Sorry, not going to happen. Besides going against their "ready to play" philosophy, it would burden the entire logistical system and retail stores.

If the ships came without sails and they offered three different sail settings, as a store, I'd have to stock 4 separate products just to sell a single ship. And then I'd end up with two products that would never sell (meaning the ratios would always be off). As cool as it sounds from player's stand point... as a retailer I'll pass thanks.

I think Ares is doing the best they can by releasing different Waves with different sail settings. At some point down the road, the hobbyist could clip and swap masts from different ships to get more of a variety.

Gunner
04-14-2014, 11:43
Oh well, another dream dashed.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

The Royal Hajj
04-14-2014, 11:56
At least it was dashed with beer!

Gunner
04-14-2014, 12:09
The beer is to ease the pain:beer::happy::beer::happy:

The Mad Hatter
04-16-2014, 20:27
I'd love this as well! I'm currently stripping a few ships down to raw plastic, it's a pain in the rear end, and if I could get them that way from the start, I'd pay a premium for it!

Gunner
04-16-2014, 21:53
If Shapeways or anyone would make seperate masts and sails in 1/1000 scale, I would gladly cut and toss SOG's.

Пилот
04-19-2014, 15:55
Right--but we've seen how the pleas for unpainted, unassembled plane packs have fallen on deaf ears since the extent of management's vision is "Ready To Play, Prepainted and Preassembled."
Unfortunately, you are right. Although I never understood why Ares decided not to sell "blank" planes and ships together with prepared ones.

Gunner,

if you contact some of Shapeways designers, I believe you will get your separated masts and sails.